5/18 White Sox vs Astros

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1dog @ May 18, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
Yep. You summed up my thoughts nicely there. I liked the way you changed the wording and everything. Are you available for hire as a publicist or do you just stick to moderating online forums in your spare time?

That's what the charity work is for. It is centered around outreach programs through the game of baseball to try to give kids who might not have a positive outlet a place to do something good with their lives, and maybe even save their lives. They rebuild baseball fields, they fund intercity baseball leagues, and programs like the ACE program.

So no, I don't see the Sox trying to do good in the city of Chicago as a bad thing.

Also, I'm not pressing the panic button when I question what type of team this is. I think it's a fair question, especially when the only good season this team has had under Ventura has been in his first year when they choked away the lead down the stretch.

I've never been confidence in Ventura & frankly after multiple questionable decisions in the last week, I truly wonder who this team really is. It's easy to live off of an extreme start (good or bad) for a certain amount of time but after a while if that hot start fades enough & teams continue to catch them & eventually pass them it's worth asking the "who are they?" question.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
Also, I'm not pressing the panic button when I question what type of team this is. I think it's a fair question, especially when the only good season this team has had under Ventura has been in his first year when they choked away the lead down the stretch.

I've never been confidence in Ventura & frankly after multiple questionable decisions in the last week, I truly wonder who this team really is. It's easy to live off of an extreme start (good or bad) for a certain amount of time but after a while if that hot start fades enough & teams continue to catch them & eventually pass them it's worth asking the "who are they?" question.

I know one thing and that is I'd fell a HELLUVA lot better with RV not the manager. Complacency just seems to follow RV around.

54 K's in 145 ABs. I'm pretty sure Ray Durham at age 44 could produce in that manner.

And I'm sorry, if you really think Brett Lawrie isn't in a serious funk both fielding and hitting, you must be watching Jed Lowrie instead...