Guillen became Sox manager while "blackout drunk"

caulfield12

QUOTE (skooch @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Wow. And KW still hired him. I guess some people perform better under pressure, perhaps OG performs better when blasted. It would be interesting to get KW''s recollection of the interview.

In the back of my mind, I feel like Kenny really wanted to hire Cito Gaston, and that Guillen was a Reinsdorf thing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
In the back of my mind, I feel like Kenny really wanted to hire Cito Gaston, and that Guillen was a Reinsdorf thing.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
I think robin was a reinsdorf thing also.

Agree on both counts.

Ozzie needs to get help.

Is Ozzie still being paid by Marlins? He belongs in a MLB dugout as a bench coach or manager. How bout Fredi Gonzalez who everybody thought was so great? Fired. Ozzie has baseball in his blood. Once Marlins stop paying him he can join a team in some capacity. We know Ozzie loves money.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
Is Ozzie still being paid by Marlins? He belongs in a MLB dugout as a bench coach or manager. How bout Fredi Gonzalez who everybody thought was so great? Fired. Ozzie has baseball in his blood. Once Marlins stop paying him he can join a team in some capacity. We know Ozzie loves money.

You need to understand that the 2016 incarnation of Ozzie isn't the same guy as the 2004-2008 Ozzie. I recall reading somewhere (maybe here) that Ozzie was fired by the Marlins because he basically lost interest in the job and that Joey Cora was handling his managerial duties. Combine that with his drinking problem and his alienation of former employers, and it's going to be very tough for Ozzie to work as an MLB manager or coach again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)

If Kenny hired Gaston, we might still be looking for our first WS Trophy. Luckily Ozzie got it before he imploded.

QUOTE (skooch @ May 19, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Wow. And KW still hired him. I guess some people perform better under pressure, perhaps OG performs better when blasted. It would be interesting to get KW''s recollection of the interview.

There was speculation before the series that he would retire from baseball if the Sox won.

:lolhitting Greg, you have be sitting there smiling thinking wow, someone will take this seriously. :cheers

C. d'Arnaud, 3B

N. Markakis, RF

F. Freeman, 1B

J. Francoeur, LF

T. Flowers, C

G. Beckham, 2B

D. Castro, SS

M. Foltynewicz, P

M. Smith, CF