5/20- Kansas City @ White Sox- 7:10 PM CT

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 20, 2016 -> 08:33 AM)
Royals fans banned me from a thread lol. Didn't say anything bad just said they're lucky as f*** they're missing Sale. They're such pansies.

That is pretty much trolling them.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 20, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
I'm starting to hate their fans.

Because you, a white sox fan, decided to go over to their message board and start talking s***? By the way, how do you have the time to do that? C'mon man. Whats the point? A Royals fan would be received the same way if the roles were reversed.

That said, fu** the Royals!

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 20, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Because you, a white sox fan, decided to go over to their message board and start talking s*** (how do you have the time to do that??)? C'mon man. Whats the point? A Royals fan would be received the same way if the roles were reversed?

I know it's not representative of their fanbase as a whole, but as someone who frequents /r/baseball (Reddit) and Fangraphs a lot, their fans in both communities have become absolutely insufferable over the past year (and this started happening well before the World Series).

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 20, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I know it's not representative of their fanbase as a whole, but as someone who frequents /r/baseball (Reddit) and Fangraphs a lot, their fans in both communities have become absolutely insufferable over the past year (and this started happening well before the World Series).

I don't doubt they're a bunch of idiots (most fan bases are) - but when trolling some other teams message board, you can expect to be treated with some disdain.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 20, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
I don't doubt they're a bunch of idiots (most fan bases are) - but when trolling some other teams message board, you can expect to be treated with some disdain.

No disagreement there.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 20, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Because you, a white sox fan, decided to go over to their message board and start talking s***? By the way, how do you have the time to do that? C'mon man. Whats the point? A Royals fan would be received the same way if the roles were reversed.

I dont know, caulfield has been here awhile

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 20, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
I dont know, caulfield has been here awhile

And you'll find I had just as many posts about the Twins in their heydey, the Tigers from 2011-2014 and now the Royals.

Since we have spent more time than all but three organizations without a playoff appearance now, the only way to to make baseball bearable is also appreciating what the good teams do and trying to learn from/emulate their best aspects and discard the rest.

Hawk Harrelson does it all the time. Did he love the Twins more than the White Sox from 2001-2010? Heck, our own manager, Ozzie Guillen, spoke more highly of them than his own team for most of his tenure.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu

And make no mistake, the biggest enemy of the White Sox over the past 15 years has usually been themselves.

I feel duped by Royals fans. When I went to school there, the Royals fans seemed normal compared to the awful cardinals fans. It appears they were just beaten down, and as soon as they tasted winning they display the same tendencies.

Edit: I didn't actually read caulfields post before my edit.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 20, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)

No lol that's not what I meant. Go talk with them or read what they say on Twitter and Facebook. It's not representative of all fan bases I know that.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 20, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)

Again that's not what I was talking about at all. That was a thread on the Chiefs forum I visit. I've dealt with them for a few years. They've just turned into a bunch of douchebags