Groomsmen Gifts

SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ May 23, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Yeah, I'm getting married in a couple of months and so far I've gotten mine gifts like event tickets, things relevant to their hobbies, etc.

EDIT: Also, buying each of them the matching tie they need. (not having them rent tuxes)

Did the same thing. I told them all to wear a black suit they already had and I provided the ties and matching socks. Worked out well and saved them all a bunch of money on renting a tux for a day.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ May 23, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
Did the same thing. I told them all to wear a black suit they already had and I provided the ties and matching socks. Worked out well and saved them all a bunch of money on renting a tux for a day.

I'm in a wedding in August and they're doing no jacket for the groomsmen. First time I've heard of that and it's much cheaper than the other weddings I've been in.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
I got my groomsmen a personalized glass with their faces painted on it cause I was the first person married and didn't know what the hell was going on. Was cheap though.

Then my best men got me nice shoes to wear at their wedding and a nice tie. I wear those all the time and they are great.

They spent way more though.

Similar deal with me. I had no clue what the hell was going on and I didn't have much money.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 23, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
One year I shelled out over $500 for tux rental and close to $2,000 in total for other people's weddings. It gets f***ing expense. And none of my friends did anything extreme.

Its super expensive to be in a wedding, regardless of what people say. If you travel you have to add in the extra night at the hotel, etc. I always try to drink my fill in return but it never evens out.

Three weddings in one year. Engagement parties, bachelor parties, tux rentals, gifts for the couple, etc etc. I remember not getting invited to be in one. The groom was super apologetic, I kept trying to find a nice way to say, thank for saving me $500, I really didn't want to be in the wedding.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. :)

I ended up ordering engraved flashlights. It was gonna be either this or engraved ammo boxes, but my fiancee thought the flashlights was moreof a "Don" thing since I collect flashlights and I always look for a certain kind.

These are the ones I ordered...

http://www.lazerdesigns.com/Merchant2/merc...ct_Code=FL17042

1,050 lumens, 5 lighting modes, durable build, should give good battery life as well.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 25, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
Just wanted to give everyone an update. :)

I ended up ordering engraved flashlights. It was gonna be either this or engraved ammo boxes, but my fiancee thought the flashlights was moreof a "Don" thing since I collect flashlights and I always look for a certain kind.

These are the ones I ordered...

http://www.lazerdesigns.com/Merchant2/merc...ct_Code=FL17042

1,050 lumens, 5 lighting modes, durable build, should give good battery life as well.

I like it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm getting married in December. I collect ties, so my idea for groomsmen gifts is to buy each of them both their tie for the wedding and another tie that has colors in it that describe either them or a team that they cheer for. For example, my best friend is a huge Packers fan and I found a very nice khaki/yellow/green/white one from thetiebar.com. Anyways, my question is: does anyone know where I can take these to have them embroidered on the back? Perhaps a phrase (in this case: "Go Pack Go") as well as the wedding date? Obviously, it'd have to be on the outside flap so it doesn't show on the front. I just don't want to take $250 in ties to a random kiosk at the mall. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Edited by soxfan49