5/23 Game 1 - Indians @ Sox, 4:10, CSN

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I said you had to leave him in to get out two lefties, but I just couldn't fathom him letting BOTH of them reach base. And it does seem like eons since he's had to pitch to five batters.

Putting Jones in there was probably the best play...because Albers doesn't have the stuff to dominate right now.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
I said you had to leave him in to get out two lefties, but I just couldn't fathom him letting BOTH of them reach base.

Putting Jones in there was probably the best play...because Albers doesn't have the stuff to dominate right now.

How about not using Duke like he's f***ing Rollie Fingers in his prime? If you're going to stretch anyone out in the pen it's Jones.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
I said you had to leave him in to get out two lefties, but I just couldn't fathom him letting BOTH of them reach base. And it does seem like eons since he's had to pitch to five batters.

Seriously. Duke is a one inning max guy. He really should be used against lefties only.