Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

5/23 Game 1 - Indians @ Sox, 4:10, CSN

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 24, 2016 -> 12:37 AM)
It'll take a minor miracle to keep them from scoring

Hold them to two

I said you had to leave him in to get out two lefties, but I just couldn't fathom him letting BOTH of them reach base. And it does seem like eons since he's had to pitch to five batters.

Putting Jones in there was probably the best play...because Albers doesn't have the stuff to dominate right now.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
I said you had to leave him in to get out two lefties, but I just couldn't fathom him letting BOTH of them reach base.

Putting Jones in there was probably the best play...because Albers doesn't have the stuff to dominate right now.

How about not using Duke like he's f***ing Rollie Fingers in his prime? If you're going to stretch anyone out in the pen it's Jones.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
I said you had to leave him in to get out two lefties, but I just couldn't fathom him letting BOTH of them reach base. And it does seem like eons since he's had to pitch to five batters.

Seriously. Duke is a one inning max guy. He really should be used against lefties only.

how many innings is the pen gonna have to cover after they go to extra innings? f***ing stupid managing. Twice now he's tried to just PRAY and wing it and hope his reliever can go a 2nd inning.

YOU DON'T MANAGE ON HOPE