5/23 Game 1 - Indians @ Sox, 4:10, CSN

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Latos said he was gassed, sure didn't look it after that 6th inning. But if there was no reason to give Latos the hook why on earth would Robin not just let him go 7 and only use Duke for one inning? Then you can trot your favorite bum Albers out there in the 9th on a short leash.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:51 PM)
For me it started with pulling Latos with 3 run lead in the 7th at 80ish pitches.

I'm fine with it since Latos can go downhill so fast.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:50 PM)
You never boo your own team, no matter what. That's some classless Cubs fans s***

You do if you paid your money you earned and the player or players deserve it. Albers does as does Ventura. They both f***ing suck. If I sucked at my job as much as they do I would have been fired a week ago (in Albers' case) and 1.5 years ago (in Robin's case)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
Duke pitching to Santana and Kipnis at least made a little sense. Using Albers over Jones was simply awful.

It made tons of sense if he didn't use him in the 7th inning against the 7-8-9 hitters when Robin knows Santana who is awful against LHP, Kipnis, and Lindor were coming up in the 8th. It was f***ing stupid

Yeah, you can't use Albers against the heart of that line-up and two runners on already.

Starting out the inning, maybe.

Just that stupid, "well, it's a four run lead so we're going to use Nate Jones when we really need him" thinking that's textbook but not really fully aware of the game situation as well as Albers' completely lack of effectiveness/confidence recently.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
I pray they win this game and someone starts to realize that the Sox have a good team this year, or at least a solid one, and you cannot be f***ing around with a s*** manager like RV.

They could use anothe solid #3-#4 SP and 2-3 good relievers, or they won't have a good or solid team by September

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
You do if you paid your money you earned and the player or players deserve it. Albers does as does Ventura. They both f***ing suck. If I sucked at my job as much as they do I would have been fired a week ago (in Albers' case) and 1.5 years ago (in Robin's case)

You can't just release a RP who has had a tough 4-5 games, they all do it.

Robin should have let Albers start the 8th. Career-wise, Santana is worse against righties than lefties. Kipnis is better vs. righties, but it's not like he got out vs. Duke.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)

To my way of thinking, booing can only hurt the morale of a team that obviously is already struggling to gain momentum and get something positive going again. And it might add to the swagger of a visiting team already enjoying more success than the home crowd wants to see. So in those ways, it seems like booing actually could hurt the team you profess to support. That doesn’t make any sense to me.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:54 PM)

I agree. These fans are paying their money for the game. It's their right. It's not classless in that situation. I'm tired of that nonsense

They don't need 2-3 relievers, but they do need for Petricka to come back and replace Albers effectively or to replace him with someone else entirely.

Duke's another question mark. Jennings might have to flip flop with him, but Duke just usually doesn't go 5-6 batters in a game.

Bad feeling about this one after giving up 3 in the 9th. Ventura should have learned that Albers should not be in there in high leverage situations.

Really sad if this key game in the season gets thrown away.

The last game where everything went right for us was the first game against the Yankees. Recently, one thing or another screws us over in games. It might be the bullpen in this game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:56 PM)
Robin should have let Albers start the 8th. Career-wise, Santana is worse against righties than lefties. Kipnis is better vs. righties, but it's not like he got out vs. Duke.

No, you use Albers in the 7th when you are up by 3 and the bottom third coming up in the line up. You then use Duke for Santana, Kipnis, and Lindor if neither of the other 2 get on and if they do you go to Nate Jones. It is really that simple.

And no Santana is hitting .150 against LHP

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:56 PM)

How can the fans see this but not him? I just don't get it. He's a f***ing idiot and costing wins for this club

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:58 PM)
No, you use Albers in the 7th when you are up by 3 and the bottom third coming up in the line up. You then use Duke for Santana, Kipnis, and Lindor if neither of the other 2 get on and if they do you go to Nate Jones. It is really that simple

I agree, but Robin already used Duke for the 7th.