Chicago's Other Ace

GGajewski18

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:53 PM)
Biggest mistake here is opening an ESPN.com article. The TMZ of sports.

Pretty much. There's no analysis on ESPN anymore. Just manufactured debate or G rated "controversy". If I could just get the live action and 30 for 30, I would be satisfied.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 24, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
That's pretty ESPN. Sale is a better pitcher than Arrieta, but whatever. Just keep winning.

Yup. Fans need to get over the inferiority complex.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:24 AM)
Yep, Sale has been fantastic and I am a huge fan. But, I honestly don't think Arrieta will ever get lit up this season like Sale did tonight.

Sale is absolutely great. Arrieta though is arguably on the greatest run of pitching our generation has seen.

It seemed like more of a comment on how the Cubs get all the press and the Sox are shuffled to second team status. Which is true for most of the country. Here in Texas, despite having AL teams, people think of the Cubs when they think Chicago baseball. Same in more areas of the country.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 25, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
It seemed like more of a comment on how the Cubs get all the press and the Sox are shuffled to second team status. Which is true for most of the country. Here in Texas, despite having AL teams, people think of the Cubs when they think Chicago baseball. Same in more areas of the country.

Because so many people in Texas are Cubs fans. They could watch the Cubs on the WGN superstation for much of their lives. People who have never even been to Chicago in Texas cheer for the Cubs.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 25, 2016 -> 08:23 AM)
You have to cut through the fat, though. And there's a ton of fat.

It's definitely not a site you want to just browse through on your own the way you do SBNation or did Grantland. Know your writers, follow the right people on Twitter, and you'll get the good stuff. Didn't someone recently declare Zach Lowe the best sportswriter in America?