Fire Robin. Bring Back Ozzie. Do It Now

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2016 -> 02:19 AM)
I totally worship Ozzie but he's done because of P.C. He'll never get a GM/owner to hire him. Too risky cause of the bulls*** political correctness era we are in.

He got fired because he's a terrible game manager and his only skill, motivating a clubhouse, was gone.

But yeah. Politics. Lol.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he didn't make those comments about Castro, he wasn't going to last very long that season the way the Marlins were going, and with how much money had been invested in the roster with opening the new stadium.

Probably, he would have made it through at least the first season, as he had a 4 year deal. It doesn't help when you have an overpaid and out of shape closer who just completely falls apart almost right out of the gate.

Den Jennings, Fredi Gonzalez, Girardi....the casualty list goes on and on with Loria.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2016 -> 02:58 AM)
I won't comment on what you said because my opinions are well known on the matter and my love of Ozzie got me suspended before because of my behavior in threads about Ozzie. Let's just say I disagree.

LOL there's nothing for you to disagree with here. It's literally what happened.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 26, 2016 -> 02:28 AM)
Ozzie didn't get fired because of what he said. He got fired because of what he did. Which is underachieve in 2011 and walk out on the club before the season was even over.

He probably did get fired in Miami at least in part due to his comments on Castro, though.

There are two different issues here, Robin and Ozzie.

Robin's demeanor reminds me of Tony L during his tenure as manager. I think he will be appreciated more years after his career. Today it is very frustrating.

Ozzie? Seriously why even bring up his name? He will never work in baseball again. Nostalgia is dangerous.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 26, 2016 -> 07:31 AM)
There are two different issues here, Robin and Ozzie.

Robin's demeanor reminds me of Tony L during his tenure as manager. I think he will be appreciated more years after his career. Today it is very frustrating.

Ozzie? Seriously why even bring up his name? He will never work in baseball again. Nostalgia is dangerous.

That would take a lot less brainwave activity to do that.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ May 26, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
Outside of batting Rollins second, RV has done little to contribute to this team's sucktitude over the past couple of weeks.

Yep, he's made some poor choices, but the team has too many players struggling right now to consistently win games. Incredibly slim margin for error.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Why do we have to choose between a bad manager and an alcoholic. Hire a real manager. Heck, give Renteria a shot.

If something happens this year, job is going to Renteria.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2016 -> 02:58 AM)
I won't comment on what you said because my opinions are well known on the matter and my love of Ozzie got me suspended before because of my behavior in threads about Ozzie. Let's just say I disagree.

So you're telling me you don't agree that the Sox underachieved in 2011 despite spending a ton of money and that Ozzie didn't already have the Miami job lined up before the 2011 season was over?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 26, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
So you're telling me you don't agree that the Sox underachieved in 2011 despite spending a ton of money and that Ozzie didn't already have the Miami job lined up before the 2011 season was over?

I can't take the bait for my sanity and the board's. Check the old threads. I worship Ozzie. Then and now.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ May 26, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
Outside of batting Rollins second, RV has done little to contribute to this team's sucktitude over the past couple of weeks.

Except he can't manage the bullpen, his lineups sucks, and he calls for too many bunts. He's a detriment to the organization.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 26, 2016 -> 06:40 PM)
Except he can't manage the bullpen, his lineups sucks, and he calls for too many bunts. He's a detriment to the organization.

I just ran the numbers on Baseball Reference. The White Sox are #27 in MLB from 2012 to 2016 in Sac Bunt attempts.

What would the White Sox numbers be for numbers of RISP with less than 2 outs over that time period?

What about total baserunners or runners on 2nd with less than 1 out?

The low numbers are partly a function of the diminished OPS/OBP, but it seems the statistical evidence would tell you he's not the most likeliest manager to bunt, let's say, compared to Yost.

Then again, it all depends on how you go about manufacturing runs...waiting for a three run homer or station to station, keep the line moving.

Great Thread! I'm a little disappointed in our fanbase though, as the clear rebuttal to the Ozzie suggestion is Ditka. Plus Obama's a free agent this year. Talk about leadership. I love leaders. The greatest leader I've ever seen on a baseball field had to be AJ Pyrzinski. Without a doubt. Mercy.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ May 26, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)

Unless one recognizes Ventura's contribution of ordering players (including the team's best hitter) to make intentional outs via bunting, when behind in the games in late innings. Or letting Rollins bat at all against right handed pitching (addressing that, however, would require Ventura to platoon players, and Ventura doesn't know how to do that).

And of course there could be some recognition of generally dubious roster and talent evaluation decisions designed to keep Ventura/Cooper happy and comfy in the dugout.

Edited by GreenSox

After last nights game, I really thought I'd wake up this morning to find out this actually happened overnight. I'm not sure what this organization is waiting for.....the beginning of the season showed that we are capable of contending. However, the last two weeks have proven that Robin will F it up if allowed to stay. Make the change for the sake of the organization, the fans, and the team. Let's win in 2016 and not let one worthless individual destroy that opportunity.