Seniors Exempt From Finals

Texsox

Is this a common thing? Where I teach any senior who has an 80 or above average for the semester and year for one year courses, three or less absences, and satisfactory citizenship is exempt from finals. About 70% of my AP Seniors will not be taking finals. I like this. Less for me to grade.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 26, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)
For us, it's a 70 or above and 9 or fewer absences :lol:

Wow. I would have exactly one senior taking the exam and chances are he would be absent anyways.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 26, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)
For us, it's a 70 or above and 9 or fewer absences :lol:

From Memorial Day Thread

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 26, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
Studying for finals and work! :)

Jose, have you been skipping school to watch Sox games? :lol:

QUOTE (Tex @ May 26, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
From Memorial Day Thread

Jose, have you been skipping school to watch Sox games? :lol:

I wish!! Unfortunately, I'm a junior so I do have to take all my finals

Edited by Jose Abreu

I must have been too stupid cause I can never remember a semester in high school or college that didn't have a ton of finals. Worse one was my last accounting class final...had my job offer, etc....only had two tests in the class, got a 95 or something on the first test, figured I was in great shape and just kind of was coasting (I saved a bunch of electives that final semester so those were cake walks) and than next thing I know I walk out of the final (having not been to class in like a month and a half) and was like, oh s***, I'm taking summer school. Thankfully I ended up passing, but F'ing eh, only C of my college career (and later I saw the professor and I think he ultimately did me a solid cause I had him for a ton of other classes and only got A's with him (and I was the type who always was at class)...this happened to be a not-for-profit account class that made sense to take given the alignment to CPA material but no practical application since I wasn't going down that path). Ruined my perfect 4.0 accounting GPA haha.

Always had to take finals at my HS.

The semester always ended midway thru March, so we would take Finals the Friday before winter break, and then just another test at the end of the semester.

I'm pretty sure the only classes I took without Finals were my AP courses, because an AP Calc test is torture enough.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 26, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
Is this a common thing? Where I teach any senior who has an 80 or above average for the semester and year for one year courses, three or less absences, and satisfactory citizenship is exempt from finals. About 70% of my AP Seniors will not be taking finals. I like this. Less for me to grade.

That was the case for me, graduated in 2000. Especially in AP classes where we had the AP exam to worry about instead.

At my HS ALL the seniors are exempt from finals. Their last day is actually the week before finals. So they get a 2 week break between their last class and graduating.

I'm pretty sure it was that way when I went there too. Although I do remember one computer class where our "final" was to sit in and watch the movie War Games while eating popcorn and drinking pop. :D