5/28 Game thread: @Kansas City, 1:15pm, WGN

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think a good manager loses games that are blowouts that late in the game? Seriously someone answer me this f***ing question? You absolutely have to fire Robin, you can't let that level of incompetence stand.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:42 PM)
Do you think a good manager loses games that are blowouts that late in the game? Seriously someone answer me this f***ing question? You absolutely have to fire Robin, you can't let that level of incompetence stand.

Ventura has not improved 1% since the day he got the job.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
3 in 2 weeks

I have not posted on this site for such a LONG time, perhaps years, but today loss is such a painful experience! How could you lose a 6-run lead at the bottom of the 9th inning?

WHY THE HELL AM I A WHITE SOX FAN?

SUCH A STUPID MANAGER THAT GOT KEPT ON PUSHING DOWN OUR THROATS EVERY SINGLE DAMN GAME!

I just cant f***ing believe that one effing Rangers game has done this to us. How mentally weak can a team be to let one blown loss destroy an entire season? I laughed at the people who were freaking out after the Texas game and told them to screw off. Looks like they were right!

If you're focused on Robin, you're focusing too hard. Pulling Robo and then putting in Kahnle was *very* questionable, but when you're in the position to make those decisions you're beyond the point where managing is your main problem

QUOTE (Jake @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
If you're focused on Robin, you're focusing too hard. Pulling Robo and then putting in Kahnle was *very* questionable, but when you're in the position to make those decisions you're beyond the point where managing is your main problem

He left Robo in to get torched until it was a one run game... then decides to go with a kid. Robin is a f***ing idiot! The manager's job is to put players in position where they can succeed, Robin failed at his main job today.

All of that nonsense about the closer not being able to pitch with a big lead, because of the absence of adrenaline.

Hey, I think he put himself in a big enough jam to muster up some adrenaline. Maybe it was more than adrenaline, that was missing.

Edited by Lillian

Why was he allowed to pitch to Hosmer? It was obvious his fastball sucked today. Perfect chance to try Purke, and if that went bad, Jones should have been ready. Cooper's pitch calling is comically bad of late. Just so freaking stubborn.

Yeah. Probably not the best idea to put Robinson in there, but WTF how can your CLOSER not hold a 6 run lead in 1 inning of work? The bullpen is just horrible right now.

I agree but Robin is the easiest decision to make first and it's not close. This organization is full of chicken s*** pansies who won't hold anyone accountable.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:46 PM)
Why was he allowed to pitch to Hosmer? It was obvious his fastball sucked today. Perfect chance to try Purke, and if that went bad, Jones should have been ready. Cooper's pitch calling is comically bad of late. Just so freaking stubborn.

That is where RV is such a F'N amateur.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:46 PM)

Yeah, it was cutter after cutter after cutter. They needed to adjust.

The season was defined by the Texas Two-Step game. This is just adding insult to injury.

If Ventura isn't fired immediately tonight he's not going to be until the end of the year (maybe...)

Three more two out RBI's.

In a sick way I actually think its kind of funny. Maybe this is what it will take to get JR off his rear end.

Mark

QUOTE (Green Line @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
I just cant f***ing believe that one effing Rangers game has done this to us. How mentally weak can a team be to let one blown loss destroy an entire season? I laughed at the people who were freaking out after the Texas game and told them to screw off. Looks like they were right!

30 years of White Sox baseball taught me that something as seemingly small as that single bottom of the 8th was enough to completely turn the tide.

It's all the more fitting, in some ways, that the end of first place came against a nearly crippled team playing without 3 of their top 5-6 hitters last year in Morales, Gordon and Moustakas.

That means Greg's bet against Golden State has to be right, lol.

We're technically in 3rd place already and a Tigers' win (losing 3-1 in OAK) would put them only 1 1/2 games back, incredibly.

Edited by caulfield12