5/28 Game thread: @Kansas City, 1:15pm, WGN

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:47 PM)
I haven't watched 1 second today. Just checked box score. Do I even want to know anymore

I didn't watch til the 9th boy was that a mistake.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
He left Robo in to get torched until it was a one run game... then decides to go with a kid. Robin is a f***ing idiot! The manager's job is to put players in position where they can succeed, Robin failed at his main job today.

I haven't posted in a while myself but something has to be done this whole organization is clueless? Like drafting athletes instead of baseball players,terrible scouting,no preparement going into a series,on and on.....wtf happened to this team mental weakness at its best!!

I always hear how JR is loyal to his former players...well i wish some reporter would ask him 'When is it time to be loyal to the fans???" Robin may not be the whole problem but he's a BIG percentage and since you can't fire a whole bullpen the manager needs to go. I think i'm gonna throw names in a hat and pick a new team to root for until RV is gone.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
I always hear how JR is loyal to his former players...well i wish some reporter would ask him 'When is it time to be loyal to the fans???" Robin may not be the whole problem but he's a BIG percentage and since you can't fire a whole bullpen the manager needs to go. I think i'm gonna throw names in a hat and pick a new team to root for until RV is gone.

JR has done a nice job of making fans of his two teams hate the organizations

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)

Actually, the real end of this series was the call at 3B against Escobar being reversed, as it turns out. Two more things conspiring against the Sox.

Harrelson is going to walk away from broadcasting at this rate...

We also learned that Kahnle can throw REALLY hard and big league hitters can hit the ball equally as hard, if not harder.

Tuesday's game against the Rangers was bad enough...losing the last two games against a crippled Royals' team, that's just too much.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
He left Robo in to get torched until it was a one run game... then decides to go with a kid. Robin is a f***ing idiot! The manager's job is to put players in position where they can succeed, Robin failed at his main job today.

Thankfully after 2016 we still have one more year of the 3 year plan.

I questioned bringing Robertson in from the start of that inning . Hate seeing closers used when it's not a closing situation. But i figured hey 6 run lead even if he does wet the bed how often do teams come back from that big of a lead ? Thought if there was ever a time to use Purke this was it.

So how often do things like blowing a lead that big in the 9th happen ? Last time was 6 years ago in MLB.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 28, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
I questioned bringing Robertson in from the start of that inning . Hate seeing closers used when it's not a closing situation. But i figured hey 6 run lead even if he does wet the bed how often do teams come back from that big of a lead ? Thought if there was ever a time to use Purke this was it.

So how often do things like blowing a lead that big in the 9th happen ? Last time was 6 years ago in MLB.

Or let Albers pitch with some room for error.

This game may end up being a pretty one in Sox history. It is time to throw out any thoughts of Hahn or KW's "3 year" plan. No need to trade for Shields or take on any expensive contracts. This team has absolutely no chance to compete in the Central anytime soon. Cleveland is going be very good for the next 2-3 years and KC is just KC. They own the Sox and that doesn't look like it is going to end any time soon. Step one=Fire Ventura immediately. Step 2= fire KW and Hahn in the offseason. Step 3 = start the rebuild

QUOTE (juddling @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)

I was ALMOST there this past off-season...beyond frustrating, when you're doing battle with one hand tied behind your back.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)

Wasn't a bad frame job at all. Avila was set up inside and the ball went outside so he had to lunge for it . Can't frame a pitch when it goes where it's not supposed to. We see umps call pitches like that balls all the time.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 28, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
Times like these are where players like Lawrie are supposed to cease the lethargic play and make us start winning again

The offense has been fine the last two days. This is all on the bullpen/decision making.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
This game may end up being a pretty one in Sox history. It is time to throw out any thoughts of Hahn or KW's "3 year" plan. No need to trade for Shields or take on any expensive contracts. This team has absolutely no chance to compete in the Central anytime soon. Cleveland is going be very good for the next 2-3 years and KC is just KC. They own the Sox and that doesn't look like it is going to end any time soon. Step one=Fire Ventura immediately. Step 2= fire KW and Hahn in the offseason. Step 3 = start the rebuild

Getting the most value out of players like Frazier might happen at this year's deadline, though.

Hard to imagine reading Fathom talking just 24 hours ago about signing him to a contract extension when, as of today, it feels just as likely they'll end up trading him.

Tigers just scored two to tie it up in OAK. Blood is in the water, officially. Crazy to imagine the Tigers could pass us by Monday.