6/1/16 Game Thread - White Sox @ Mets

hogan873

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
That was just ridiculous. Sands against a righty who throws a lot of fastballs. This bench construction has made no sense all year.

Considering that Ventura likes to bunt couldn't the pitcher have bunted there? Or the pinch hitter who cant hit? I guess we can only let that happen if the #3 hitter is up.

Just an awful player this season (Abreu). Going on almost 2 full weeks without an RBI. How hard is it to put Melky 2nd and leave him there!

Abreu is 174th out of 180 players in terms of fWAR this year.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
Just an awful player this season (Abreu). Going on almost 2 full weeks without an RBI. How hard is it to put Melky 2nd and leave him there!

Abreu is 174th out of 180 players in terms of fWAR this year.

Biggest disappointment since 2011 Dunn. Sounds bad but I never saw this coming, He looks nothing like his old self right now.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
I don't blame Ventura for hitting Sands there since the bench is limited. I blame Robin (and Hahn) for allowing Sands to still be the 25th man

+1...he truly has no purpose on the team as long as Avi is healthy

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
Biggest disappointment since 2011 Dunn. Sounds bad but I never saw this coming, He looks nothing like his old self right now.

Reminds me a bit of Puig. Come into the league as an absolute beast, and then never make the adjustments to the league while your bat speed disappears.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
If Avi is hurt, at least he can DH against LHP (even though that should probably be Rollins going forward)

We do have a 26 year old tearing up triple A though. Would rather it be do or die time for Coats rather than Sands (and Coats isn't exactly a guy you need to protect).