Your Trade Target Wishlist

Dunt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CarGo for Fulmer would be a huge overpay. If that's the cost, I'm going to Milwaukee to see what it costs to get Lucroy, who would provide an insane upgrade over Avila & Navarro.

While I think we have to improve the DH spot, there may be cheaper, more effective ways of doing so than giving up one of our top two prospects for CarGo.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
7 for 3 trade with the Brewers, with Sox taking on all money.

Who says no (other than GreenSox)?

Sox Get:

Jonathon Lucroy

Ryan Braun

Will Smith

Brewers Get:

Carson Fulmer

Jordan Guerrero

Trey Michalczewski

Jacob May (or Adam Engel)

Jhoandro Alfaro

Carlos Sanchez

Matt Davidson

New Sox Lineup:

1. Eaton, RF

2. Abreu, 1B

3. Braun, LF

4. Cabrera, DH

5. Frazier, 3B

6. Lucroy, C

7. Lawrie, 2B

8. Jackson, CF

9. Saladino, SS

Ryan Braun would be pretty neat, but that seems like a lot to give up for a guy who's value is tarnished, and an injury prone C you control for only ~215 games. I'm sure the Brewers would want more, but that seems steep to me.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
CarGo for Fulmer would be a huge overpay. If that's the cost, I'm going to Milwaukee to see what it costs to get Lucroy, who would provide an insane upgrade over Avila & Navarro.

While I think we have to improve the DH spot, there may be cheaper, more effective ways of doing so than giving up one of our top two prospects for CarGo.

Might be an overpay since we would only have 1 more year of control. That being said, we are unable to get a top tier bat through free agency (Abreu more or less doesn't count because he was kind of a mystery, not a known commodity). That's just a fact. We also know the White Sox organization simply cannot develop a top tier bat. That is also a fact. We do know the Sox can develop pitching. We also don't know what we have in Fulmer at this point, though I still think he will be good. But even if we unloaded Fulmer, we'd still have a very solid 3 in the rotation. I think it's a lot easier to sign serviceable 4th and 5th starters than it is to obtain an impact bat.

But if we were to do this trade, knowing our luck he'd probably turn into another Gio.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
Those are his 2016 splits. Sands has a career .816 OPS against lefties in the majors.

Yeah, made a mistake. The problem is those AB's should be going to Rollins, anyway.

And Ventura seems to believe Garcia SHOULD (at least until recently) have been putting up Sands' 816 line against LHP anyway.

The problem is he's not utilizing them in a platoon but "going with hunches" and the even bigger problem is most of our hitters are garbage against RHP because we're a RHB-dominated line-up (other than Cabrera and Eaton).

Leading to that second worst league OPS against RHP. So the ONLY thing Sands is actually (and it's theoretical, based on career numbers and not results so far) good at is something the White Sox don't even really need at the moment on their roster. You can't use him as a PR and he's a defensive liability. Well, other than at 1B, where he might be as good as Abreu but definitely not as good as Saladino or Frazier.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
Might be an overpay since we would only have 1 more year of control. That being said, we are unable to get a top tier bat through free agency (Abreu more or less doesn't count because he was kind of a mystery, not a known commodity). That's just a fact. We also know the White Sox organization simply cannot develop a top tier bat. That is also a fact. We do know the Sox can develop pitching. We also don't know what we have in Fulmer at this point, though I still think he will be good. But even if we unloaded Fulmer, we'd still have a very solid 3 in the rotation. I think it's a lot easier to sign serviceable 4th and 5th starters than it is to obtain an impact bat.

But if we were to do this trade, knowing our luck he'd probably turn into another Gio.

Can you afford a 780 OPS (that's his 3 year splits away from Coors) out of a guy making that much money who is injury-riddled, no longer a plus defender and will cost you the pitcher projected to fill a rotation spot for the next six years...when just average pitchers on the FA market are now receiving $60-90 million contracts?

Can we please stop assuming every "slugger" will just magically come into USCF and light it up with homers like Frazier has done (but many a hitter have failed to do, namely Dunn and LaRoche, Swisher, etc.)???

His WAR is telling a much different story over the last couple of years than his OPS, another key factor.

CarGo basically gives KW his "name acquisition" but doesn't provide the flexibility of adding to the rotation in any significant way....maybe one more reliever and a bench player, that's it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
Yeah, made a mistake. The problem is those AB's should be going to Rollins, anyway.

And Ventura seems to believe Garcia SHOULD (at least until recently) have been putting up Sands' 816 line against LHP anyway.

The problem is he's not utilizing them in a platoon but "going with hunches" and the even bigger problem is most of our hitters are garbage against RHP because we're a RHB-dominated line-up (other than Cabrera and Eaton).

Yes, the problem is the last few players on the roster. Not Ventura's utilization of the bad options for which there is no good plan.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
Can you afford a 780 OPS (that's his 3 year splits away from Coors) out of a guy making that much money who is injury-riddled, no longer a plus defender and will cost you the pitcher projected to fill a rotation spot for the next six years...when just average pitchers on the FA market are now receiving $60-90 million contracts?

Can we please stop assuming every "slugger" will just magically come into USCF and light it up with homers like Frazier has done (but many a hitter have failed to do, namely Dunn and LaRoche, Swisher, etc.)???

His WAR is telling a much different story over the last couple of years than his OPS, another key factor.

CarGo basically gives KW his "name acquisition" but doesn't provide the flexibility of adding to the rotation in any significant way....maybe one more reliever and a bench player, that's it.

Average hitters are going for the same amount, if not more. And none seem interested in signing with the Sox. We need another bat. You gotta give something to get something... If not's Car Go, it's gotta be someone. Because even assuming as you are (and it's far from a sure thing) that Fulmer develops into a serviceable starter for the next 6 years, we're still not going anywhere with this offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
I would much rather trade for pitching as it does not seem like we have much coming up from our system.

We could use another starter, sure, but Sale-Quintana-Rodon-Fulmer leaves the Sox in pretty good shape for next several years. Plus there are some decent arms as insurance policies in the minors. I'd take another arm, but we need a good OF bat or a legit DH (preferably from the left side) much more, IMO.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
7 for 3 trade with the Brewers, with Sox taking on all money.

Who says no (other than GreenSox)?

Any one with any sense of actually building a winning organization that can contend year after year.

But people who admire what the Padres did last season would welcome this type of proposal.

I just wonder why the Brewers are rebuilding when they have such an elite core like that.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
Any one with any sense of actually building a winning organization that can contend year after year.

But people who admire what the Padres did last season would welcome this type of proposal.

I just wonder why the Brewers are rebuilding when they have such an elite core like that.

A good reliever, a good catcher with 1.5 years of control and Ryan Braun in an "elite core"? lolz.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
Coghlan is a REALLY good idea IMO. He'd provide a lefty power bat that the Sox desperately need and he's very versatile as well.

He could be their 'super sub', and would greatly improve their bench.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
A good reliever, a good catcher with 1.5 years of control and Ryan Braun in an "elite core"? lolz.

When you want to clean out the farm (w/ the requisite Anderson hold-back,of course ) for 3 players, I assume the author must think these fine Brewers are good enough to launch the Sox into the WS at least.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 02:26 PM)
We also know the White Sox organization simply cannot develop a top tier bat. That is also a fact. We do know the Sox can develop pitching.

Tryace would fit pretty well on this team.

Top tier pitching....Sale. But he wasn't exactly "developed" with less than 20 minor league innings and a JC pitcher

Q sort of, but he only spent 48 innings in the minors, so I don't know how much development they've done.

Rodon a mature college pitcher picked at #3 was rushed and is no better than average.

But that's about it...no 4-10th round picks have made much of an impact, e.g. The pitching prospects aren't even helping in the pen.

No hitters drafted at #3; overall not enough difference for me to conclude that the Sox are great at one and terrible at the other.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)

Dude, every time you post I come this close to being suspended. It's literally taking everything I have not to explode right now, but posts like this make it hard.

I purposely put that trade package for a reason. We'd be giving up one top 100 prospect, three organizational top 10 guys, one semi high-profile Latin American signing who is year's away, and two interesting AAA guys with big question marks. The only guy in reality it would suck losing is Fulmer. The rest are solid prospects with a high probability of never becoming above average players at the major league level. The package may appear to be a lot on the surface, but it really is not.

In return we'd be getting the best catcher in baseball based on WAR, a top 10 hitter in baseball based on wRC+, and a premier left-handed reliever. This trade would address our offensive concerns while allowing us to keep two of three top prospects (Anderson & Adams). Braun & Smith both have multiple years of control, while Lucroy would only have one more of control but at a very favorable price.

You talk about wanting to build an organization that can win year after year, but relying on a bunch of fringe prospects isn't the answer to that. The clock on our core is ticking and either we can go for it while these guys provide surplus value or we can wait years for the system to be able to produce impact talent on a regular basis. Your plan of a bunch of AAAA types filling out all the holes on our roster is the absolute worst solution and would completely waste the prime years of our core.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
All that's fine and good, but there's just no way the Brewers would accept that package.

And there's also no way JR would authorize taking on the Braun contract, so it's a moot point.

Why wouldn't JR authorize taking on the Braun contract?

And you're probably right that the Brewers wouldn't take that package, although I'd argue that the Sox taking on Braun's entire contract might be enticing to them. Back problems are always a concern and not having a DH spot as a backup option is pretty risky. Given how he's produced so far, I think they will be very motivated to move him while there a few teams still interested and willing to take a gamble on him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
In addition to a big bat, we desperately need to upgrade our catcher situation. Outside of Lucroy, what guys are potentially available? I'm really worried this a postion that's going to difficult to addres mid-season.

Catcher is fine they upgrade DH and SS and Abreu turns back to normal.