6/3 Game Thread - White Sox @ Tigers

hogan873

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
I really hope the Sox go after Morneau when he is healthy. Probably would be the cheapest best option we can find.

"cheapest best options" are exactly what has kept us right where we are.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
Only time sanchez should be on the major league roster is letting him try to see if he can be a everyday player and carry his weight in hitting. Sox can't afford to let that happen with them if they can contend

I don't agree . He's a useful glove and switch hitter. If he's the best guy for the job let him contribute with what he does best.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
Can't go there yet. 6 weeks? Maybe.

I'm not watching right now because of Robin. So just score check day to day. They still suck like last year. I fully support selling everyone. That's all I'm gona say because I don't wana pollute the GAMEDAY thread with a bunch on sell mode posts.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 02:20 AM)
Can't go there yet. 6 weeks? Maybe.

Yep no band-aids. Either big upgrades or wait til deadline and sell if you are 8-10 games out. The current team is just not good enough overall with too many holes. Guys better start performing better if they want to stay close to more talented teams.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 02:23 AM)
I don't agree . He's a useful glove and switch hitter. If he's the best guy for the job let him contribute with what he does best.

But he can't hit. And lawrie is one of the few above average position players this team has

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)

Again he's limited defensively and can't hit his weight. Not sure what he's useful on a team trying to contend

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
Sox going after scrap players to see if they have any resembles of their former selves are the reason they are in the situation they are in

Maybe you need to check his last few seasons even in limited time he's done well and he'd sure help the bench and leave more options open to get other players.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:25 PM)
Again he's limited defensively and can't hit his weight. Not sure what he's useful on a team trying to contend

How is he limited defensively. He can play SS and 2nd and 3rd . I just think he's a better option than Rollins .

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
Would get a LH power bat and have money for more additions . That's why you go after him.

And he ends up not fully living up to expectations like Jackson and Rollins so you keep adding till someone starts fully producing

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
How is he limited defensively. He can play SS and 2nd and 3rd . I just think he's a better option than Rollins .

Could can play those positions but not a great theres Best use of him is to be part if a package to upgrade another position

I actually don't have a huge problem with the bullpen usage tonight. Yes, the guys they used tonight sucked, but I'm glad they didn't go back to the well when they were behind. Now let's get a couple quality starts of 7-8 innings each and have a fresh pen to get the holds and saves.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:24 PM)
But he can't hit. And lawrie is one of the few above average position players this team has

If the team had more good bats Sanchez not hitting wouldn't be an issue. I think he can hit actually but no one here is patient enough to give him much of a shot. We expect instant success and it isn't realistic in many cases.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 02:29 AM)
Could can play those positions but not a great theres Best use of him is to be part if a package to upgrade another position

Doubt he gets you much. To me, his ceiling is a quality utility player. Don't think he will ever hit enough to start.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 01:47 AM)
Thanks for just giving up the game here, Ventura.

Of course, they will send Kahnle back down and it will be all his fault when you put him in these types of situations before letting him get his feet wet and building some confidence. Of course he's naturally going to try to do too much to prove he belongs and that will always result in overthrowing and his stuff flattening out.

At least he broke Maybin's bat on that change-up. That was actually a decent pitch. But you can't throw 96-98 mph arrow straight fastballs past the Tigers for very long.

That's true. He gets sent down as a total failure.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 01:49 AM)
I want Rodon, Shuck. Kahnle, Saladino and everyone else GONE by tomorrow

El Rockin is getting jaded by the negative game threads.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 01:50 AM)
3-10 against DET, CLE and KC just isn't going to cut it. Especially when Zimmermann was hittable tonight and Rodon's defense collapsed behind him.

Scouting. We stand no chance vs. the Central. They know us; we don't go after their weaknesses. We show up and play "our game" and lose.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 02:05 AM)
The saber crowd kind of eschew batting average but that's where in comes in handy . 2 pros like Cabrera and Martinez used the count to their advantage to get hits off of Kahnle . They probably get most of their hits in favorable counts. .250 hitters just can't take advantage of counts as good as a .300 hitter can.

Batting average is dismissed totally by the Sabes people and yet year after year it's the only thing shown on the screen and only thing the announcers talk about : Batting average, RBI and homers, the old stats. And for pitchers, wins/losses get discussed a ton on the broadcasts and the Sabes people want no part of those.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 02:06 AM)
Hahn's gonna have to get a big bat if this team wants to stay in it. Even if they get a mid rotation starter, you're going to need to be able to score a decent amount of runs to win games in this division.

This roster isn't good enough. That's the bottom line. Our brethren in the Central again have better rosters and managers.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:27 PM)
And he ends up not fully living up to expectations like Jackson and Rollins so you keep adding till someone starts fully producing

Maybe you have better ideas ? LOl so the guy is a failure already ? WHo coming here who is available doesn'y have a chance of failure ?

Team has no prayer if Eaton, Abreu and Frazier aren't above average hitters. Expected loss, but disappointing to see them get blown out late. Sale needs to be ready from pitch one tomorrow against a loaded lineup

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Doubt he gets you much. To me, his ceiling is a quality utility player. Don't think he will ever hit enough to start.

Not saying he's a main point but a part that another team may see if he's more then a utility player. For the Sox he's nothing more then a utility player

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
Maybe you have better ideas ? LOl so the guy is a failure already ? WHo coming here who is available doesn'y have a chance of failure ?

How much longer till he's healthy and then you have to get him in the minors trying to get the rust off. Can't really wait to see if he can do contribute of you need it now