Jason Coats injured

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
Yeah, that collision was the manager's fault what a joke.

It is the position you put your players in.. Please explain a good reason for a guy whole has only 9 starts at CF with any team not named the White Sox when we have a guy who has played there for a few years in RF already? It is too obvious who should be in CF with Jackson out but for some reason Ventura can't do that.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
It is the position you put your players in.. Please explain a good reason for a guy whole has only 9 starts at CF with any team not named the White Sox when we have a guy who has played there for a few years in RF already? It is too obvious who should be in CF with Jackson out but for some reason Ventura can't do that.

Eaton is a better RF. he is elite and made a great play earlier in the game. Shuck has played CF, besides, if Shuck was calling for the ball, the problem is with Coats. Did you ask why Eaton was in RF and Shuck in CF before the game? This isn't the first game they were set up that way. Joe Maddon put Bryant in CF when he never played there before last year. What an idiot.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
Eaton is a better RF. he is elite and made a great play earlier in the game. Shuck has played CF, besides, if Shuck was calling for the ball, the problem is with Coats. Did you ask why Eaton was in RF and Shuck in CF before the game? This isn't the first game they were set up that way. Joe Maddon put Bryant in CF when he never played there before last year. What an idiot.

I actually mentioned it last night, thanks for being around. Before joining the Sox Shuck had played 9 games in CF which came in his 1st year in the MLB. Somehow all the other teams he was on knew not to play him CF all year long. There is no reason for Shuck to be playing CF right now

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
I actually mentioned it last night, thanks for being around. Before joining the Sox Shuck had played 9 games in CF which came in his 1st year in the MLB. Somehow all the other teams he was on knew not to play him CF all year long. There is no reason for Shuck to be playing CF right now

He played there several games last season and many games in the minor leagues over 300 games, he didn't play there with the Angels because they have this guy named Trout.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
He played there several games last season and many games in the minor leagues over 300 games, he didn't play there with the Angels because they have this guy named Trout.

Who is better at CF, Shuck or Eaton? It is that simple.

Even Trout doesn't play 162 games.

The ball was hit almost exactly between them and I'm sure it was loud enough that Coats couldn't hear Shuck clearly...and also have a hard time imagining Shuck being as demonstrative or as commanding in that situation as he needed to be, especially considering the fact that Coats was the one who actually ended up making the play.

Those split second decisions...that type of collision can happen with an infielder/outfielder or catcher/infielder just as easily. It wasn't about the manager, any more than Schwarber's injury was Fowler's fault or all the Royals injuries are attributable to Ned Yost.

It happens. It's sports.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
Who is better at CF, Shuck or Eaton? It is that simple.

Even Trout doesn't play 162 games.

You are being ridiculous. Should Yost be blamed for the Gordon/Moustakis collision that screwed them both up?

Shuck is probably the same in RF or CF. Eaton is far superior in RF and made a great play earlier. There are things you can put on the manager, this isn't one of them.

Well, between those two, Scott Carroll, Purke and Mr. Kahnle...they might prefer the relative safety of Charlotte at the moment.

And it's going to be getting even more interesting if they send Gonzalez back down for really no good reason, other than the fact they control his option/s whereas they don't with Mat Latos (as I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
You are being ridiculous. Should Yost be blamed for the Gordon/Moustakis collision that screwed them both up?

Shuck is probably the same in RF or CF. Eaton is far superior in RF and made a great play earlier. There are things you can put on the manager, this isn't one of them.

I am not blaming Robin for them two colliding but Shuck has no business being the CF right now and it cost us a run yesterday and could have cost us more today.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
Wouldn't have happened if Robin actually used a guy who had experience playing in center field with Jackson out.

But nope can't do that...LOL.

Mark

Hahahahahahahhahahahahaha

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 07:46 AM)
Even if Eaton is a great RF, if Jackson is out I'd still rather have him in center as he's the next best option for center.

Yep, CF is the general of the outfield and you need to have your best option out there or it hurts the overall defense in the OF

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
Yep, CF is the general of the outfield and you need to have your best option out there or it hurts the overall defense in the OF

It was mere months ago that most people here pointed to Eaton's horrible DRS in CF last year and said that he should never play CF again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
It was mere months ago that most people here pointed to Eaton's horrible DRS in CF last year and said that he should never play CF again.

If you gave me the option of having Eaton and Shuck in CF I would laugh at the thought of having Shuck playing CF and would be just fine with Eaton

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)

I think Eaton gets a bigger boost than most players going from CF to RF. I'd rather have Eaton in right and a slightly below average to average option (like Jackson) in CF than the other way around. The problem is Shuck isn't a passable CF, and he has almost no experience playing it in the majors.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)

Eaton should be pretty close to a full time RF at this point. Jason Heyward signed a ~250M deal to do what Eaton has been doing for the Sox this year. The problem is with Jackson unavailable they didn't have anyone else capable of actually playing CF.