Sox (29-28) vs Nats (34-23)

Hopefully this ship can be righted at home, but these Nats are 34-23 in first place. Going to be a tough homestand with KC coming this weekend, then Detroit again right after that.

Pitching Matchup: Ross (5-4, 2.37) vs Latos (6-1, 4.02)

Lets start this homestand off on a high note with a win tonight.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
On the bright side, with all of these people who have given up, the game thread should be much better tonight.

They never give up on gamethread

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
Wanna go watch them get swept by a divisional opponent because they dont really care again? You really need more proof this team is mentally weak?

I was at the game in Detroit on Sunday, and paid close attention to players reactions and what not when things didn't go their way. Trust me, they care. Judging from a lot of the players reactions, its not that they have given up, but they are frustrated. Once things start bouncing their way, they will get back on track. This division is very fragile, season isn't over by a long shot. Yes, they do need to be playing better baseball. With the track record from a lot of these players, I think it will come, only a matter of time, and time is something they have right now.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
I was at the game in Detroit on Sunday, and paid close attention to players reactions and what not when things didn't go their way. Trust me, they care. Judging from a lot of the players reactions, its not that they have given up, but they are frustrated. Once things start bouncing their way, they will get back on track. This division is very fragile, season isn't over by a long shot. Yes, they do need to be playing better baseball. With the track record from a lot of these players, I think it will come, only a matter of time.

Hopefully Shields walking into the clubhouse today and being home will give them the shot in the arm they need. They care.

And if you look at the injuries going on in the division, the Sox should be able to get right back in there. The team I'm most worried about going on a run now is the Tigers. That lineup can be potent and Michael Fulmer is showing why he's a good pitcher.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
Hopefully Shields walking into the clubhouse today and being home will give them the shot in the arm they need. They care.

And if you look at the injuries going on in the division, the Sox should be able to get right back in there. The team I'm most worried about going on a run now is the Tigers. That lineup can be potent and Michael Fulmer is showing why he's a good pitcher.

As long as we don't get a major injury as well.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Wanna go watch them get swept by a divisional opponent because they dont really care again? You really need more proof this team is mentally weak?

Do you honestly think the players aren't trying?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
Talk about a Cubs fan mentality

Are you referring to me?

I am taking on a Cubs fan mentality because I haven't given up on the Sox on June 7th when they are 3.5 GB from the division lead? My lord.