Sox (29-28) vs Nats (34-23)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:37 PM)
If nothing gets done after another Shields implosion and former two-time prospect Gio Gonzalez throws a no-hitter and the Royals sweep them again at USCF...

What would it actually take?

Will Carlos Sanchez be recalled to hit 5th and DH tomorrow?

I think scherzer gets the perfect game then the no hitter by gio lol

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Sure. Derek Jeter, Ivan Rodriguez, Troy Percivlle, and Michael Jackson are all kicking down the door from their primes begging teams to give em a shot.

Wait. Maybe that list isn't so accurate. I'll have to check with my sources again before you take me at my word.

Antonio Alfonseca. Rafael Palmeiro. Wavin' Wally Johnson. Harold Baines. That midget from when pictures were black and white. Pablo Ozuna.

I see Shields start tomorrow to be critical in that if he can deliver a win it might jumpstart these guys. I can see a trade for Jay Bruce being possible but offense hasn't been the worse problem we have had

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:37 PM)
If nothing gets done after another Shields implosion and former two-time prospect Gio Gonzalez throws a no-hitter and the Royals sweep them again at USCF...

What would it actually take?

Will Carlos Sanchez be recalled to hit 5th and DH tomorrow?

Maybe if they get a runner on and no outs, the next guy HAS to bunt to move the runner over. Then they have to drive them in. Last guy to drive a run in gets smacked upside the head.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
I see Shields start tomorrow to be critical in that if he can deliver a win it might jumpstart these guys. I can see a trade for Jay Bruce being possible but offense hasn't been the worse problem we have had

Lots of games were critical before the sweeps started happening. Thanks, Texas!

Braun, CarGo, Lucroy, Bruce mean nothing if the team doesn't win and they don't fire the staff, KW and the minor league staff. They need to build a team from within somehow and it doesn't start with gutting prospects for stars. The last 8 years show that is not a recipe for success...Jerry should have recognized that sooner so he may have won a WS before he passes.

From Angels in the Outfield in reference to the White Sox: "We do it all summer, and it's a big bummer. No matter who we play, we give the game away. 'Cause we can't win. That would be a sin. We even lose the games before they begin--"

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 04:25 AM)
Well, it's back to ignoring White Sox baseball I guess. Hopefully I'll see you guys soon, because that will mean they are winning again and it's still not too late in the season.

I think it's time for the 'e' word to come out. Robin or somebody on the team has to tell the media this team is an embarrassment to the great city of Chicago. Cause it is that bad.

QUOTE (skooch @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 04:34 AM)
Two on, nobody out ... trying to work your way back into the game. Once Melky was out, did anyone here in their right mind believe that Lawrie, Shuck, Navarro, and Saladino were going to actually accomplish anything? That is one friggin' sad excuse for a bottom-of-the-order. This lineup has so many holes in it it is mind-boggling. Seriously, it's time to sell, sell, sell. If they give up anything for Bruce or anyone else the entire FO should be sacked.

I was so pleasantly surprised and happy at 23-10 that we could win with such a dismal bottom of the order. I didn't really know how it was happening but I was loving it.

As far as tonight's game ... this is sad cause I'm starting to think Saladino is just another guy, not the star I hoped he was.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Through May 9:

Sox 23-10 --

Cle 15-14 6.0

KC 15-16 7.0

Det 14-17 8.0

29 days later...

You're making me toe the line man. It's hard not to jump with crap play for almost exactly 1 month. Jeez.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:58 PM)
You're making me toe the line man. It's hard not to jump with crap play for almost exactly 1 month. Jeez.

All they had to do was play .500 for a couple months, make a couple solid trades, and win 90 games and the division. They were set up nicely, even if they got lucky a lot of the time. This sucks.

Hey, at least we don't have a single .300 hitter right now and our starting today DH is swinging a cool .115

Gotta stay positive and keep things in perspective, ya know...