White Sox will chase Jay Bruce

southsider2k5

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)
This is stupid, is Rick Hahn watching the games? The Sox really think Jay Bruce is gonna turn this sinking ship around?

A powerful LH bat and one solid reliever would do wonders for this team. If they can acquire those assets without selling the farm, they should.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:37 PM)
I'll probably get crushed, but if anything we should be SELLING not buying.

I would be furious if they traded off our most valuable pieces, especially so if Robin is still manager.

Again, a couple more pieces and this team can finish the season strong. Bruce/CarGo and a bullpen piece...that's all it will take (and a new manager of course).

This sounds like executives thinking short-term instead of long-term. Hahn feels some pressure, maybe not job-status pressure, but pressure to not be revealed as being an awful GM. No reason to be buyers in any capacity at the deadline. Trade Robertson, trade Melky and pack it in. No one watching this team would ever come to a conclusion that they should be acquiring players. Please fire Hahn, Kenny, Buddy Bell, RV, and the entire minor league instruction staff. Now I'll veer back into reality...

If they trade Tim Anderson for anyone at this point, that's the very last straw.

Thankfully, they already have Cozart at that position.

And, if we're buying Bruce, we might as well bring Devin Mesoraco over as well and try to "fix" him. Take half of the farm system, it doesn't really matter anymore at this point.

Just becoming almost a comedic situation, where everything Hahn was trying to accomplish in 2013 has just been completely thrown out the window.

They really didn't know that Avisail Garcia was going to be a problem coming into this season as a starter?

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
This sounds like executives thinking short-term instead of long-term. Hahn feels some pressure, maybe not job-status pressure, but pressure to not be revealed as being an awful GM. No reason to be buyers in any capacity at the deadline. Trade Robertson, trade Melky and pack it in. No one watching this team would ever come to a conclusion that they should be acquiring players. Please fire Hahn, Kenny, Buddy Bell, RV, and the entire minor league instruction staff. Now I'll veer back into reality...

It really has nothing to do with Rick Hahn. Jerry Reinsdorf wants to add so they'll be adding. This concept is somehow really hard for people to figure out though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
If they trade Tim Anderson for anyone at this point, that's the very last straw.

Thankfully, they already have Cozart at that position.

And, if we're buying Bruce, we might as well bring Devin Mesoraco over as well and try to "fix" him. Take half of the farm system, it doesn't really matter anymore at this point.

Just becoming almost a comedic situation, where everything Hahn was trying to accomplish in 2013 has just been completely thrown out the window.

They really didn't know that Avisail Garcia was going to be a problem coming into this season as a starter?

They basically made Garcia a platoon player though. They knew what he is. He was going to start at DH vs LHP.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
They basically made Garcia a platoon player though. They knew what he is. He was going to start at DH vs LHP.

Tho they face RH pitching most of the time so having Garcia makes alot of sense on the bench

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
I would be furious if they traded off our most valuable pieces, especially so if Robin is still manager.

Again, a couple more pieces and this team can finish the season strong. Bruce/CarGo and a bullpen piece...that's all it will take (and a new manager of course).

There's a big divide here. I think a lot of people really believe this. Others of us think this is a 80-85 win team at best. I can see both sides but gut says were the latter. Mediocrity can be poisonous. You do just enough to keep you believing you have a chance, but siphon off talent and opportunity to get better LT.

Edited by NCsoxfan

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
There's a big divide here. I think a lot of people really believe this. Others of us think this is a 80-85 win team at best. I can see both sides but gut says were the latter. Mediocrity can be poisonous. You do just enough to keep you believing you have a chance, but siphon off talent and opportunity to get better LT.

Agreed. I'm glad I'm not in Hahn's position. With that said, the division is still tight and we've got some tremendous values on this roster. If we make some deals and just take on salary without giving up the farm, I think we need to give it a shot this season and, if we fail, be big time sellers over the winter. I can't help but shake the feeling that we're just a couple of pieces short, pieces we can acquire this summer.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
They should be getting their king's ransom for Sale, Eaton and Quintana.

You trade those guys in the offseason when there are more suitors. Frazier, Melky, Robertson, & maybe Shields are guys you'd move now. Having said that, I'm not ready to sell.