Nationals (Scherzer) @ Sox (Shields)

If you're looking for some dangling rope of positivity to grab onto in this sea of darkness I'll give you one: The last few the years the Sox have spent the first half of the season desperately chasing .500 from the other direction and falling on their ass once they got there. Maybe now that they are attacking .500 from this new winning record flank they will retreat forward back into a winning record as opposed to the usual collapse?

Also James Shields gets his first Sox start against Max Scherzer and we are gonna get flattened.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 10:48 AM)
I've never been so disappointed to be wasting my time and money at a game ever, but hey I'll be 10 rows behind the Nats' dugout and maybe I'll see Bryce Harper go 5-5.

I would go to a game this series, just to watch Harper.

My guess for tonight - Scherzer 14K's, Shields 4ER in 5 IP. Sox lose 6-2.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)
He tends to focus on one thing at a time. At least this time there are two words in it.

Priceless. I do have a mild case of OCD which is exasperated by stress. :)

When your outlet for stress is causing stress, things tend to become compounded.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
Priceless. I do have a mild case of OCD which is exasperated by stress. :)

When your outlet for stress is causing stress, things tend to become compounded.

Drink MORE when watching the Sox, in that case.

QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
Drink MORE when watching the Sox, in that case.

Problem being: I haven't drank in about a decade. Anyone who was around here back then will attest to the fact that your suggestion is not a good idea... At all.

Unless you would like white sox themed polls who's only potential voting options are comprised solely of Mars Volta lyrics.

Yah.

Going to purposely avoid watching any of this game so I don't ruin my night. Been using that philosophy for the past few weeks - much more enjoyable.

Scherzer with 10-13K's, probably 3er (prone to a homer), 7ip

Shields pitches 7 innings, 4-5er.

Sox lose 6-3

Also WAS is +100 at 1.5 --- so ... you're welcome.

Wake me up when win a few in a row. Until then I'm going to bury my head. This team is killing me.

Sox record since I bought season tix? 10-21. Brutal. Nothing makes me hate Robin and this team more than after I got convinced they might be in the race all year and then lay an egg.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Problem being: I haven't drank in about a decade. Anyone who was around here back then will attest to the fact that your suggestion is not a good idea... At all.

Unless you would like white sox themed polls who's only potential voting options are comprised solely of Mars Volta lyrics.

Yah.

Doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world...

Substitute any of Maynard's work with MV, and I would probably become your biggest fan. :headbang