Nationals (Scherzer) @ Sox (Shields)

I would be shocked if we weren't no hit tonight.

Thank God we got all these mentally tough veterans to bring us through the tough times.

Edited by bmags

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
So who takes Shields' spot in the rotation?

Bonus question: does this go down as the worst of all KW trades?

Gonzalez would be the logical choice. Scott Carroll, Turner, and Volstad is all we have going down 2 levels. Fulmer and Adams regressing a lot this year.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
Gonzalez would be the logical choice. Scott Carroll, Turner, and Volstad is all we have going down 2 levels. Fulmer and Adams regressing a lot this year.

Gonzalez was the logical choice for the 5th spot when we made this god awful trade.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
Gonzalez was the logical choice for the 5th spot when we made this god awful trade.

I agree if you look at the Shields thread I said Gonzalez and Latos would be better than him. They must have thought Latos is going to go off the rails at some point. The trade never made any sense to me.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
Trade Sale, Q, Eaton, Frazier, Abreu, Melky, DRob, Lawrie, and anyone else with valuable right now.

Start over completely. With the draft coming up and the prospects the Sox would get from dealing these guys, the future would be bright. Very bright.

Would it?

Ufff... if you want someone to lay some blame on, lets not leave out this Nick Hostetler. If i were chief architect of one the worst talent scouting organizations in all of sports---i wouldnt be out in public. I mean sure, fire Robin....But why is this guy employed anywhere in baseball?!

Trade Sale, Q, Eaton, Frazier, Abreu, Melky, DRob, Lawrie, and anyone else with valuable right now.

Start over completely. With the draft coming up and the prospects the Sox would get from dealing these guys, the future would be bright. Very bright.

While we are at it, we should option Hahn to AAA and trade Ventura for a carton of Ben & Jerry's to be named later.

I agree with this. I think it's time to entertain the idea of trading sale and Q. Only ones of keep would be Rodon and Saladino of all people. I think Tyler could be a solid utility man. And he's young enough to be relevant when the team is good again.

QUOTE (AmericanLeagueFan @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
Ufff... if you want someone to lay some blame on, lets not leave out this Nick Hostetler. If i were chief architect of one the worst talent scouting organizations in all of sports---i wouldnt be out in public. I mean sure, fire Robin....But why is this guy employed anywhere in baseball?!

He's only been in the organization since 2012 and the system has improved since then, so I don't know what you're talking about.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:13 PM)
It will never happen as long as Jerry is running things, but that is what I think they should do.

It's the obvious thing to do if the Sox are ever going to be good again. Sure, they may keep the rolling rebuild going and hit on a playoff season once every 10-12 years, but sustained success will never happen with the Sox under their current way of doing things.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
I'd take my chances at this point.

The owner wont though.

Honestly I hate tanking in any sport. I think there should be punishments/countermeasures for what some of these teams try to do.