Start with the chairman calling his ballclub 'miserable failures&#

whitesoxjr27

Let’s start with the chairman calling his baseball team “miserable failures.’’

Yes, the chairman said that, and that’s an excellent place to start after James Shields’ laughable White Sox debut at U.S. What A Joke Field on Wednesday night. The pitcher touted as an innings-eater ate two -- count ‘em, two -- innings while giving up seven earned runs, and like that, “Big Shame James’’ helped the Sox plummet below .500 for the first time this season.

And so, it turns out that outfielder J.B. Shuck is better at saving the bullpen than Shields is, and Shuck can do it for a lot less than $27 million.

Naturally, this will lead to louder calls to fire the manager because Robin Ventura has continued to make the big mistake of playing the guys the general manager gave him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosen...609-column.html

Edited by whitesoxjr27

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the chairman said that, and that’s an excellent place to start after James Shields’ laughable White Sox debut at U.S. What A Joke Field on Wednesday night.

*eye roll*

I'm as upset about the Shields acquisition as anybody but I stopped reading there. Are we in 3rd grade?

Shields has 5-6 starts before the break. Take it all in.

He's here to be a #4 starter that makes his starts and puts up innings. Last night sucked, but you can't deny his track record.

Rosenbloom is a clown with a forum, for some reason.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
He's mad.

I'm mad.

We have something in common, we are both mad.

The difference between when I'm mad and when Jerry's mad is that Jerry's anger can lead to changes with the team. Here's hoping.

Still doesn't explain what a public temper tantrum accomplishes? What did it do for San Diego?

Still doesn't explain what a public temper tantrum accomplishes? What did it do for San Diego?

The players on this team and those are responsible for them being on the Sox deserve no quarter. As far as I'm concerned they've earned whatever public humiliation they get.

There's no salvaging this season anymore, anyone who thinks the playoffs are anything other than a very remote possibility is delusional. This group is mentally unfit for major league baseball and should be broken up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)

None of those words were JRs. They were San Diego's owner - and Rosenclown made it sound like it was JR's...until the last sentence.

I could see Rick Hahn resigning at the end of the season. I bet he feels restricted in the decisions he's allowed to make. And I don't believe it's Kenny Williams who's restricting him... I bet it comes from ownership. KW and RH probably aren't allowed to blow the thing up and start from scratch because JR is worried about people not showing up to the park during the rebuilding seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-025146341.html

Speaking of public humiliation....not a good look for White Sox fans (being called out for booing a pitcher in his very first performance for the team, although some of it must be related to the carryover of knowing what happened against the Mariners in his previous start), for Robin Ventura OR for Rick Hahn.

National media starting to really turn on Robin.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
The players on this team and those are responsible for them being on the Sox deserve no quarter. As far as I'm concerned they've earned whatever public humiliation they get.

There's no salvaging this season anymore, anyone who thinks the playoffs are anything other than a very remote possibility is delusional. This group is mentally unfit for major league baseball and should be broken up.

Maybe but it won't help the team. The whole point of anything should be to help the team not just to satisfy the bloodlust of some fans.

For the season they are 1 game under .500. They need to try to fix it and then decide in the off season what the best way to help the team is.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-025146341.html

Speaking of public humiliation....not a good look for White Sox fans (being called out for booing a pitcher in his very first performance for the team, although some of it must be related to the carryover of knowing what happened against the Mariners in his previous start), for Robin Ventura OR for Rick Hahn.

National media starting to really turn on Robin.

Pandering to fans for a fall guy.

I'm getting so tired of arguing about Ventura at this point I'm coming around to the POV that Hahn and KW both need to go...unless KW falls on his sword and admits it was he and JR that "pushed" Hahn into going off the rebuild plan and directly into "veteran procurement" for our few remaining minor league prospects.

Everyone has screwed up at their job from time to time. I know for me, and probably for everyone else, the best thing that ever happens and makes me better, is if my boss chews me out and humiliates me if front of everyone else. Makes for a better work environment and a better performing employee.

Everyone has screwed up at their job from time to time. I know for me, and probably for everyone else, the best thing that ever happens and makes me better, is if my boss chews me out and humiliates me if front of everyone else. Makes for a better work environment and a better performing employee.

Not many employers keep you around after failing miserably for years and years non stop.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
None of those words were JRs. They were San Diego's owner - and Rosenclown made it sound like it was JR's...until the last sentence.

I got that. What I don't get is what he thinks it will accomplish if JR does it. Do the players not know they have sucked? Do the fans not know they have sucked? Does management not know this team has sucked? What exactly does this achieve?

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)

What does public humiliation accomplish? As far as I can tell the only thing it would do is make people think twice about wanting to play here.