White Sox Frustration Thread

Bigsoxhurt35

I'm creating this so we can b**** and moan in this and keep it from the good threads like the Draft Day 1 thread.

Let it all out here. Hopefully we can let it out here and have some laughs along the way (or tears lol).

For example:

Screw Robin Ventura, White Sux, this front office sucks, fire everyone.

The way I am coping right now is by not watching the games. At the current time I get too upset and frustrated and that's kind of ridiculous when you think about it. It's just sports! Easier said than done though, so I need a few day or week break from watching.

All I know is that I'm in total shock at how things changed after they started the season 23-10. Never seen anything like this in my 40 years of watching White Sox baseball.

Also, I don't remember the last time the Sox lost this many games in a span of 25. 6-19? It's like the Twilight Zone. Can anyone identify a more losing span in Sox history than this one? There probably have been a few, but I don't remember them.

I can barely watch them right now. I feel a lot better not even checking on them until there are signs that they are playing decent baseball again.

Since 2008, these are really dark times for our franchise. I feel like we could go until 2028 without making the playoffs again and the championship of 2005 could be the only one I see for the rest of my life.

I have the same hopeless kind of feeling for the Bears, too. That franchise also has been total garbage for years to the point that I barely care about them.

Edited by Doc Edwards Shot

Well I remember this one:

May 16, 1978 - With the Sox record a dismal 9-20 and knowing that there was no way he was going to be able to re-sign him, Sox owner Bill Veeck traded slugger Bobby Bonds to the Rangers for Claudell Washington and Rusty Torres. Bonds would only play in 26 games for the Sox, with two home runs and eight RBI’s. Making matters worse was that to get Bonds the previous December, Veeck traded three players including future All Star Brian Downing to get him. Washington would become the target of fan displeasure because of his tendency to take it easy on the field while with the team. One fan made up a banner, hung over the right field wall, which expressed that sentiment “Washington slept here.” Torres’s claim to fame (and this is a great trivia question) was that he was on the field for all of the forfeited games in baseball during the 1970’s. Torres was with the Yankees when the final game in Washington was forfeited when fans rushed the field in 1971, he was in Cleveland for the nickel beer night fiasco in 1974 and was with the Sox during the “Disco Demolition” forfeit in 1979.

Then you have what happened in June 2007 where they went 5-17.

What I'd like to know, perhaps someone with research ability can somehow find this, is if ever there's been a team go from 13 over to one under in exactly 30 days, which is what the Sox just did - May 9 through June 8.

Don't know if that's ever happened before.

Mark

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
Isn't this thread kind of the whole Sox board in general? I don't think there is one positive thread! haha. I tried -- and then they went like 2-9. I now reside in the hate crowd.

What on the field would lead you to show any meaningful positivity?

Sale and Quintana are good. We still have struggled of late when they pitched.

Edited by Deadpool

That would be cool if we kept this going and truly only posted the mean stuff in here. I'm willing to try it.

My god this team pisses me off. 23-10 was so much fun. It looked like this cast of characters, despite a lot of weak holes in the batting order, was going to play great defense and score enough runs to win a ton of close games. And contend and maybe even meet the Cubs in the WS. Our starting pitching was THAT good and our bullpen.

Even as much as 23-10 was the way we were playing - non buffoon ball. Not making ridiculous errors and blowing leads.

The only Central team we were playing at that early juncture, Minnie, we owned.

Then it all turned to total crap thanks to Robin putting Carroll in the Texas game. Who knew we'd have so many mental midgets on the team and a bullpen that only had five good weeks in it.

This is one of the worst teams I've ever seen play the game. It remains dead offensively and the pitching now is very very below average.

I truly think we're going to get a top three draft pick. Thanks, White Sox, for being this bad this early in the season again. The team is a total embarrassment and has no life.

QUOTE (aryzner @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
Jerry needs to sell this f***ing team so someone else can come in and gut the entire organization.

End short rant.

Had this conversation with somebody else yesterday--when sports franchises are this abysmal for this long, it points to one thing ultimately: the owners.

Sadly, I think nothing changes as long as JR owns the team and keeps employing people like KW.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Had this conversation with somebody else yesterday--when sports franchises are this abysmal for this long, it points to one thing ultimately: the owners.

Sadly, I think nothing changes as long as JR owns the team and keeps employing people like KW.

Especially in an ownership structure where the boss has such influence on the baseball side of the business.

Jerry's loyalty is a big problem, IMHO. It's polluting the baseball side.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)
Well I remember this one:

May 16, 1978 - With the Sox record a dismal 9-20 and knowing that there was no way he was going to be able to re-sign him, Sox owner Bill Veeck traded slugger Bobby Bonds to the Rangers for Claudell Washington and Rusty Torres. Bonds would only play in 26 games for the Sox, with two home runs and eight RBI’s. Making matters worse was that to get Bonds the previous December, Veeck traded three players including future All Star Brian Downing to get him. Washington would become the target of fan displeasure because of his tendency to take it easy on the field while with the team. One fan made up a banner, hung over the right field wall, which expressed that sentiment “Washington slept here.” Torres’s claim to fame (and this is a great trivia question) was that he was on the field for all of the forfeited games in baseball during the 1970’s. Torres was with the Yankees when the final game in Washington was forfeited when fans rushed the field in 1971, he was in Cleveland for the nickel beer night fiasco in 1974 and was with the Sox during the “Disco Demolition” forfeit in 1979.

Then you have what happened in June 2007 where they went 5-17.

What I'd like to know, perhaps someone with research ability can somehow find this, is if ever there's been a team go from 13 over to one under in exactly 30 days, which is what the Sox just did - May 9 through June 8.

Don't know if that's ever happened before.

Mark

2001 White Sox with David Wells' memorable comments as well as bad bad, Thomas getting injured in pre-season (Achilles), Jose Canseco later on the team...did later fight back to get over .500 in June/July but coudn't get much past it.

14-29 start.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
and this is the same ownership group that criticized Bill Veeck. At least Bill Veeck cared about the fans.

It is funny that Bill Veeck is revered like he is, while JR is criticized for how little the team has made the playoffs. How many times did the Sox make the playoffs while Veeck owned the team?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
It is funny that Bill Veeck is revered like he is, while JR is criticized for how little the team has made the playoffs. How many times did the Sox make the playoffs while Veeck owned the team?

You can be happy and worship Reinsdorf, but not even you can or will change my opinion and memories of Bill Veeck!

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
I'm creating this so we can b**** and moan in this and keep it from the good threads like the Draft Day 1 thread.

Let it all out here. Hopefully we can let it out here and have some laughs along the way (or tears lol).

For example:

Screw Robin Ventura, White Sux, this front office sucks, fire everyone.

I will be keeping an eye on you guys

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
I am not worshiping anyone. Just pointing out the inconsistency here.

Not inconsistent. If I am not mistaken, Einhorn, when his group purchased the Sox, said the Sox were going to be run more professionally. This franchise now is more of a joke that at the time it was purchased from Bill Veeck.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
Not inconsistent. If I am not mistaken, Einhorn, when his group purchased the Sox, said the Sox were going to be run more professionally. This franchise now is more of a joke that at the time it was purchased from Bill Veeck.

How so?

I will forever be grateful to everybody involved with the 2005 team. s*** they won me (and all fans) a WS. At least we have that forever. "Everybody" includes Jerry and Kenny. Thank you.

However ... as much as I hate to say it, that season does appear to be a lightning in a bottle fluke. I thought we were going to dominate the division a long time. Instead we flailed around and now during the Robin era we're a flat out embarrassment of an organization.

Argue all you want, but any discussion about the dopes in our front office, and our sub-par owner, has to include a thank you for 05.