Tim Anderson Called up...Rollins DFA'd

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)
Avi has been on the clock for six months now. They had replaced him, but then LaRoche quit. There is no doubt in my mind the Sox are shopping hard for his replacement and have been for a while now.

That's true, but it does seem like the benefit of the doubt is coming close to an end. Sitting for longer periods, batting 8th or 9th...these are things that didn't happen before. If Morneau can play, Avi is cooked vs. RHP at that point.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
I agree. Lawrie Ks too much for the two hole. He can run into a ball once in while in seems.

When I was watching he was taking his BBs is why I had him in 2 hole. I do like Jacksons ABs at times he can work the count and see some pitches. Not sure what he's hitting or his slash because I haven't been watching.

Now that Tim is up. I'm back in when I thought I'd just ignore the team

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
His huge weakness is he cannot recognize pitches, at all. I dont think he ever develops that.

His eye has gotten better this year, but the bat still has to come around, because that is literally the only thing that will keep him in the majors.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
Would AAA do Avi any good or is he just cooked?

If the Sox are able to land Bruce or somebody else who can effectively DH, I imagine that Avi would be part of the package. He's young and physically talented enough (and still has an option left) that I think a team would be willing to take a flyer on him.

If that doesn't happen, I imagine that Avi and Morneau platoon at DH, with Shuck (a lefty) being the odd man out. It wouldn't be optimal having Avi as the fourth outfielder, but Eaton can spell Ajax in CF, so it wouldn't be a complete mess.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
WSD on fire the last 2 weeks. Broke the Shields, Latos, Rollins, and Anderson news.

He said he didn't know about Morneau because he was so busy at work lol. Dude has some sources.

WDS is from Barstool Sports. They are getting bigger by the day. Hilarious blog, too IMO

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
If the Sox are able to land Bruce or somebody else who can effectively DH, I imagine that Avi would be part of the package. He's young and physically talented enough (and still has an option left) that I think a team would be willing to take a flyer on him.

If that doesn't happen, I imagine that Avi and Morneau platoon at DH, with Shuck (a lefty) being the odd man out. It wouldn't be optimal having Avi as the fourth outfielder, but Eaton can spell Ajax in CF, so it wouldn't be a complete mess.

Remember, Avisail is in his first arbitration year this year and is making $2 million. If a team "took a flyer on him", in order to keep him for next year that team would have to offer him arbitration again and spend like $4 million on him to do so. The alternative is just wait until he is non-tendered this offseason or DFAd to clear a 40 man roster spot during the season and then sign him for a pittance in either case. You don't take flyers on guys who have started their arb years and are non-tender candidates at the trade deadline because you're not going to want to pay them their next year's money.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
Remember, Avisail is in his first arbitration year this year and is making $2 million. If a team "took a flyer on him", in order to keep him for next year that team would have to offer him arbitration again and spend like $4 million on him to do so. The alternative is just wait until he is non-tendered this offseason or DFAd to clear a 40 man roster spot during the season and then sign him for a pittance in either case. You don't take flyers on guys who have started their arb years and are non-tender candidates at the trade deadline because you're not going to want to pay them their next year's money.

Ah, I forgot about his arb status. Thanks.

With the past few moves, I think it's safe to say that everyone on this team including the coaching staff has been put on notice.

I didn't believe that Ventura was in any danger of losing his job but after seeing them cut dead weight, I truly believe he is a bad series in KC away from being gone.

It also feels like Rick Hahn is under a large amount of pressure to win this year.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
With the past few moves, I think it's safe to say that everyone on this team including the coaching staff has been put on notice.

I didn't believe that Ventura was in any danger of losing his job but after seeing them cut dead weight, I truly believe he is a bad series in KC away from being gone.

It also feels like Rick Hahn is under a large amount of pressure to win this year.

Agreed and they SHOULD be. You go from 1st and 14 games over to 4th and .500 in a month...in this division, without injuries.

That is an epic collapse.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)

I hope so. There needs to be some pressure and accountability. This losing for so long is pathetic.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
Agreed and they SHOULD be. You go from 1st and 14 games over to 4th and .500 in a month...in this division, without injuries.

That is an epic collapse.

yeah basically i medan we have the tales to pull though sturuggle i mean we three and half back form first place and we need to make a statment starting today to turn this season around

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)

Given the desperation of trading for an overpaid, over-the-hill James Shields and rushing Anderson to the majors, I think that Hahn is in danger of losing his job as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
His eye has gotten better this year, but the bat still has to come around, because that is literally the only thing that will keep him in the majors.

You can throw three at his eye level and he will strike out. He cant see s***

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Given the desperation of trading for an overpaid, over-the-hill James Shields and rushing Anderson to the majors, I think that Hahn is in danger of losing his job as well.

I do not believe that is even the slightest bit possibe, no matter what happens. If they don't win another game this year I still don't see Hahn losing his job.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
Why?

I dont want to go down that rabbit hole again but there are a lot of reasons why.

For one, that is not how JR operates.

Two, JR wouldnt do that.