***Official MLB Draft 2016 Day 2 Thread***

southsider2k5

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
Is there an active list of the players the Sox have drafted somewhere?

Usually it is in the first post of the pinned thread. I am guessing since most of the admins now are continuously trying to pimp out their blog site that practice has been discontinued.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
San Francisco have gotten themselves two steals: Reynolds in Round 2 and now Heath Quinn OF. Nice draft and they didn't have a 1st round pick.

Agreed and they've shown a propensity for scouting and developing college hitting: Posey (ok first round sure and a given), Belt (5th round), Crawford (4th round), Panik (1st round 29th overall), Duffy (18th round), and Reynolds should be up quickly super advanced solid tools across the board but no stand out tool and Quinn just screams prototypical corner outfield bat. If one of Reynolds or Quinn makes it the Giants are in great condition, especially as they continue to lock up their offensive core.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
Usually it is in the first post of the pinned thread. I am guessing since most of the admins now are continuously trying to pimp out their blog site that practice has been discontinued.

You do realize those sites function in conjunction WITH Soxtalk, right?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
You do realize those sites function in conjunction WITH Soxtalk, right?

Not to mention that the poster specifically asked for a regularly updated list of White Sox draft picks. Which is not only exactly what the FS Draft Tracker is, I believe it's the only one of that kind that exists.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Callis said that Fisher is one of the best college bats in the draft. Mayo said he loves the Sox getting a lefty hitter like him in the 4th. So they seem to both like it.

Well thats damn good news

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
White Sox select with their 4th RD pick....

OF Jameson Fisher, SE Louisiana University

MLB lists him as a 1B.

Scouting report says he use to catch before he had labrum surgery. I think thats a similar injury to Max Pentecost who is working on returning behind the plate. So maybe another level of value there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
I am a little surprised that in a draft weak on college talent and high on high school that the white sox are going 100% on college player.s

When those statements are made, I'm told they are typically only referring to the top-end or 1st RD talent. Once you get past those spots, it all tends to even out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
I am a little surprised that in a draft weak on college talent and high on high school that the white sox are going 100% on college player.s

At this point they probably don't have a lot of extra money to play with to pursue the higher end HS talent that's left. In all, they have gotten some pretty productive players to go with a couple of guys who could really pop.