***Official MLB Draft 2016 Day 3 Thread***

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
We all know Guillens can't be counted on to show up for work.

This is so true. Guillen's are either drunk, hung over or busy talking smack about the Sox on twitter to get some attention.

The White Sox went with a lot of high upside, tough signs in the later rounds. Their 26th (Farrar), 34th (Shirley), 35th (Acton), 37th (Kaplan), and 39th (Lavey) all have strong commits to big programs. It makes me wonder if they cut some deals with some of the college players they took earlier so they would have extra cash for the later rounds…

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 07:56 PM)
For the FS people out there, any of the late HS picks worth being excited about? I know we drafted our future grounds keeper in the 31st round, but other than that?

I know you're just hating on Bossard because the White Sox are known for nepotism with draft picks (I can't believe this isn't a Matt post I'm replying to), but Bossard is a real prospect. Real good shortstop, strong arm, good speed, baseball junkie type. He was a decent high school pitcher, too. Could throw upper 80s.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 05:54 PM)
How much information is out there about the high school kid Zach Farrar they took in round 26? When I quickly looked him up, it looks like he is a big time football player with big D1 offers. Is this our bonus baby for this year?

I expect Curelo to be fairly expensive in round 6. He's pretty highly regarded. Hickman probably signs this Time too. That's probably most of their bonus pool though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
I expect Curelo to be fairly expensive in round 6. He's pretty highly regarded. Hickman probably signs this Time too. That's probably most of their bonus pool though.

I think we might have a shot with signing at least one or two, I wouldn't imagined they'd spend 6 of the last 7 picks on HS kids if they think they won't have $$ left over.

Don't know anything about the last kid selected but according to FS tracker, he does not have a college commitment yet, so he could be an easier sign.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 12:22 AM)
I know you're just hating on Bossard because the White Sox are known for nepotism with draft picks (I can't believe this isn't a Matt post I'm replying to), but Bossard is a real prospect. Real good shortstop, strong arm, good speed, baseball junkie type. He was a decent high school pitcher, too. Could throw upper 80s.

It wasn't really hate as much as it was a joke, but I am glad to hear he is legit. Any chance at signing these late HS picks? Do you think we saved enough money early?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 08:29 AM)
It wasn't really hate as much as it was a joke, but I am glad to hear he is legit. Any chance at signing these late HS picks? Do you think we saved enough money early?

SS, will there be a thread to post signings and rumored signings from twitter and other places?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 01:22 AM)

To be fair, he could come up, have a HoF career over 20 years with the Sox and he would still be our future groundskeeper.