Stadium:  U.S. Cellular Field

Announcers:  Steve Stone and Jason Benetti

Ford White Sox Warm-Up:  12:30 PM Central / 1:30 PM Eastern *

Game telecast time:  1:00 PM Central / 2:00 PM Eastern * 

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV,  Channel 9  (The CW)

South Bend WMYS-LD,  Channel 69  (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN,  Channel 23  (my network TV) *

Rockford  WIFR Freeport,  Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria,  Channel 59  (my network TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 Moline (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Young was on a pace for about 200 homers surrendered...

Suicide to start him at USCF with the ball flying out like that. It's bad enough starting Ventura, between his mental frame of mind and the fact that his fastball's gone from a weapon to one of the most hittable pitches in the majors despite roughly being at the same speed as a year or two ago (maybe a drop of 1-1.5 MPH).

COATS (coming out of university)

[plus athlete; very strong; special bat speed; decent to average speed; average arm; plus raw power; corner outfielder with good range; pitch recognition could make or break him; 6-2, 195 pounds]

Half Glass Full: Pitch recognition and overall approach at plate improves to the point his plus power allows him blossom as an above-average everyday corner outfielder

Half Glass Empty: Awesome power goes to waste as 4A slugger due to Jeff Francoeur-level plate discipline

Jason Coats: Similar speed gives Coats similar range (to Courtney Hawkins), but having watched them both play and listening to some scouts, the routes and instincts are superior here. He looks like he's likely above average on the corners, and he can and does play a little center in a pinch. Call him 55 or 60 on this grade.

Jason Coats: Coats doesn't have the arm strength Hawkins does, but it's close. And having watched him in outfield drills in Charlotte, he was putting on a show compared to his cohorts on throws to the plate, with good strength and striking accuracy. Again plenty of arm for any slot, he's at least a 50 here, and might be closer to 60.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2015/...nd-jason-coats/

So all indications are the Coats should be an above average LFer and at least an average RFer.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
COATS (coming out of university)

[plus athlete; very strong; special bat speed; decent to average speed; average arm; plus raw power; corner outfielder with good range; pitch recognition could make or break him; 6-2, 195 pounds]

Half Glass Full: Pitch recognition and overall approach at plate improves to the point his plus power allows him blossom as an above-average everyday corner outfielder

Half Glass Empty: Awesome power goes to waste as 4A slugger due to Jeff Francoeur-level plate discipline

Jason Coats: Similar speed gives Coats similar range (to Courtney Hawkins), but having watched them both play and listening to some scouts, the routes and instincts are superior here. He looks like he's likely above average on the corners, and he can and does play a little center in a pinch. Call him 55 or 60 on this grade.

Jason Coats: Coats doesn't have the arm strength Hawkins does, but it's close. And having watched him in outfield drills in Charlotte, he was putting on a show compared to his cohorts on throws to the plate, with good strength and striking accuracy. Again plenty of arm for any slot, he's at least a 50 here, and might be closer to 60.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2015/...nd-jason-coats/

So all indications are the Coats should be an above average LFer and at least an average RFer.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
I think anyone is better than Garcia in RF.

Coats never really had any special standout tool, but is supposedly average across the board.

Good enough for me to play in the outfield over Avi.

Probably doesn't want to inflict more pain on Avi's fragile psyche to bench him for a rookie (in terms of playing Coats in RF instead).

That said, it's hard to imagine anyone much WORSE...if so, the list would be a short one. Maybe Ventura feels Eaton will be more comfortable playing with someone he's more familiar with.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 11, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Did Ventura really call the bunt?

No. You could tell by how Melky approached that, that he was the one who made that choice. No one seems to want to talk about Frazier striking out in a big situation, though.