Pulse Nightclub Shooting in Orlando

pettie4sox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
Serious question: If on a hot Friday or Saturday night I decided to walk the streets of Rosemont from 10 pm until 5 am. what are the odds I would be shot and killed? Probably 90 percent? The murders in Chicago must stop.

LMFAO

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
Serious question: If on a hot Friday or Saturday night I decided to walk the streets of Rosemont from 10 pm until 5 am. what are the odds I would be shot and killed? Probably 90 percent? The murders in Chicago must stop.

Why, are you well known there?

Rosemont? No.

Certain areas of the south and west sides? Yes.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
Rosemont? No.

Certain areas of the south and west sides? Yes.

See, somebody agrees with me.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 02:58 AM)
f***ING ROSEMONT GREG?

KING f***ING TROLL

I thought Rosemont was one of the hotbeds. If I'm wrong sorry but Jenks agreed I would be dead if I walked on certain areas of the south and west sides from those hours on a weekend night. That's scary when you think about it. I'm sorry I meant Roseland.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 02:24 AM)
See, somebody agrees with me.

I thought Rosemont was one of the hotbeds. If I'm wrong sorry but Jenks agreed I would be dead if I walked on certain areas of the south and west sides from those hours on a weekend night. That's scary when you think about it. I'm sorry I meant Roseland.

Rosemont is near O'Hare, granted it's west but it's nowhere near what they would call the west side of Chicago.

Roseland is rough but I don't know why you think some random person would want to put a bullet through your brain for no reason. Sure, you might get your white ass mugged... but I would bet the house you wouldn't die.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
Lol, Rosemont is not the west or south side. Jesus dude.

I meant Roseland, sorry. Why can't people accept an honest mistake from Greg. I know where Rosemont is, the old Horizon. I picked up a chick in a Rosemont bar once. Sorry I screwed up. Roseland is no picnic right?

My bad ... I meant ROSELAND. Sorry.

What in the hell are you doing that you need to walk the streets of any neighborhood for 7 straight hours in the middle of the night? Unless you are a drug dealer or prostitute?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
What in the hell are you doing that you need to walk the streets of any neighborhood for 7 straight hours in the middle of the night? Unless you are a drug dealer or prostitute?

It was a hypothetical. I am upset about the murders in Chicago and wondered the odds of me being dead if I walked in that neighborhood alone all night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-36...l#ixzz4BwslqaT7

Doctor listed on psych-evaluation carried out on Omar Mateen by G4S says she never saw him and was not living in Florida at the time it was conducted

Psychologist, Dr Carol Nudelman, said she didn't evaluate Orlando shooter Omar Mateen for his position at security firm G4S in 2007

However, her name appears on the document in Florida's state records that cleared him to carry a firearm as a private security guard

G4S officials called the discrepancy a 'clerical error' and said Mateen had been evaluated, but by a different psychologist

Company didn't move Mateen to unarmed position despite evidence that concluded comments he made were serious enough to transfer him

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 11:23 PM)
I don't think you get shot. I'll bet $50 you make it to dawn alive.

Maybe it will make national news if I go to the worst possible neighborhood for shootings with the goal of walking around from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m., and hanging out and see if I get shot. What are the odds I live? Something has to be done about the violence in Chicago. It is pathetic, embarrassing but worse than that, tragic.

Edited by greg775

• 1 year later...

today's mass shooting reminded me of this good On The Media story I heard last month about what actually happened at Pulse and why Mateen went there. It came out after the case against his wife completely collapsed when her "confession" was found to be been coerced

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/on-the-media-2018-04-13/

He actually went to a couple of other clubs first, and was just googling "nightclubs" on his phone. There's no indication that he knew Pulse was a gay club until he walked in.

edit: the story also covers how the whole Stuebenville thing blew up and how there wasn't really a cover-up there

Edited by StrangeSox