White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM CSN

Kyyle23

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 2m2 minutes ago

Prior to tonight’s game vs. Detroit, the #WhiteSox recalled right-handed pitcher Michael Ynoa from Class AAA Charlotte.

.210 BAA vs. RHH, not a bad idea for this series

His BB% is god awful tho

Edited by Dunt

QUOTE (chisox802 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
If last night does not give this team momentum then nothing will.....

I don't think last night's game has much to do with what kind of stuff Zimmerman and Gonzalez feature tonight, but hopefully it will inspire some confidence in White Sox hitters so when the get pitches to hit, they hit them hard.

Abreu hitting well again is enough for me to believe this team is at least going to remain competitive.Eaton is also hitting better again,just need Frazier to wake his bat up and this team can remain in the hunt until they can get another bat.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
Looking like rain Wednesday and i have tickets.

Not sure what forecast you look at but weather.com has all rain stopping by mid afternoon tomorrow & clear by game time tomorrow night.

If anything, I'd be concerned about getting tonight's game in, although even the current forecast for tonight has cleared up a lot.

I was going to suggest earlier that Frazier get a day off but thought maybe not since they're playing division rivals. Though the way Frazier has been swinging, we may prefer Saladino.

Edit: and yes I disagree with Avi in the outfield. Don't mind him DHing with current roster.

Edited by soxfan2014

There has to be a reason why Avi is in RF and Shuck is DHing. It's not Robin who probably even discusses the line up with Renteria , trying to put the worst defense possible on the field. Either they are showcasing Avi or something is up with Shuck and he can't play the field. That would also make sense why it happened with Coats last night knowing there would be a decent chance Coats was PH for, if Shuck couldn't play the OF, they would lose their DH.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
It simply is amazing.

I wish they could just come out and say "we're showcasing him for a trade and have to prove he can play outfield" as that would be the only justifiable reason to have him in the field.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
I wish they could just come out and say "we're showcasing him for a trade and have to prove he can play outfield" as that would be the only justifiable reason to have him in the field.

i dont think it needs to be spelled out that they are doing just that. It isnt ideal, but if you want him off the team and replaced by another outfielder that preferably can hit better and field better, we better suck it up and stop acting surprised when it happens

If Austin Jackson was healthy, we wouldnt be seeing it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
Frazier off tonight, Avi in RF and Shuck at DH

Did Frazier change his stance ? He seemed awful far away from the plate last night ? And if he did change his stance I would play him just to let him get AB's with his new stance. If he did change his stance what is he doing differently that I didn't notice ?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Did Frazier change his stance ? He seemed awful far away from the plate last night ? And if he did change his stance I would play him just to let him get AB's with his new stance. If he did change his stance what is he doing differently that I didn't notice ?

Yea, they mentioned in the broadcast last night that Frazier was reviewing film from the Reds and he noticed he had moved away from what was working. That was as specific as they got, mentioning he had been standing a little higher with the sox prior to yesterday.