2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
The money they saved should go towards Panarin.... yes I know he has 1 yr left on his rookie deal. Shaw is a waste of space.. will be Bickell again.

Agreed. Get this kid signed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
The money they saved should go towards Panarin.... yes I know he has 1 yr left on his rookie deal. Shaw is a waste of space.. will be Bickell again.

Shaw scored only a couple less points than TT FYI

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
Shaw scored only a couple less points than TT FYI

I'm fine with TT being gone. Liked the kid looked very talented. Don't care for Shaw at all. Stupid penalties all the time. Hopefully they use some of this money save to resign Panarin.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
Teuvo would have to double his points to even reach Kane's first season total. I dont see him as a big time scorer and he is a defensive liability. I cant help but think Versteeg when I see him.

I am talking ceiling. Realistically Versteeg might be a good comp.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 22m22 minutes ago

Source says #Blackhawks fully expect to re-sign Andrew Shaw with Bickell's contract off the books. Still waiting on cap number, though.

Hopefully this doesn't cause problems with Panarin in the future.

Can't believe they dealt Tuevo. Kid was playing on his off wing, played with inept offensive talent in the bottom 6 and still put up 35+ points as a 21 year old. Leddy, Saad, TT. All young talent dealt away with an aging core.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 05:11 PM)
Can't believe they dealt Tuevo. Kid was playing on his off wing, played with inept offensive talent in the bottom 6 and still put up 35+ points as a 21 year old. Leddy, Saad, TT. All young talent dealt away with an aging core.

Is 35 points good?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
It is if you read his explanation for why it's not bad.

Consider Andrew Shaw. He's never had 40 points.

So he's at the Andrew Shaw level with literally no defensive ability. I don't consider that good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
So he's at the Andrew Shaw level with literally no defensive ability. I don't consider that good.

Teuvo has no defense ability? That's where you are wrong. He was pretty good on the PK.

So yeah. I called how bad this extension for Bickell was when it happened. Now it cost us Tuevo. This is very similar to when we dumped Gilmour and had to toss in Dumont to get the Sabres to take him.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 22m22 minutes ago

Source says #Blackhawks fully expect to re-sign Andrew Shaw with Bickell's contract off the books. Still waiting on cap number, though.

f*** Shaw.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
Thankfully, Bowman has blessed us with the Seabrook deal, which turns into the next "Bickell contract" in couple of seasons.

I dont much like Seabrook but at least he plays heavy minutes. Bickell couldnt even stay on the roster

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 08:36 AM)
You are very wrong but you are also very stubborn in regards to talking hockey.

Cool, show me that I am wrong then, show me his defensive prowess, I am always willing to admit I am wrong if thats the case.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 08:39 AM)
Cool, show me that I am wrong then, show me his defensive prowess, I am always willing to admit I am wrong if thats the case.

You were already wrong calling him an Andrew Shaw level even thought he's 3-4 years younger and had way worse linemates in the bottom 6. (FYI, He was our 5th highest scoring forward with Desjardins and Danault as his most common linemates and being 8th among forwards for PP TOI/GP and 7th for ES TOI/GP.. 7th and 6th if you remove Ladd).

He had decent quality of competition (only Hossa and Toews had tougher), got just over 40% offensive zone starts and was a positive possession player. Q trusted him in all situations and it shows in the stats and the eye test.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
You were already wrong calling him an Andrew Shaw level even thought he's 3-4 years younger and had way worse linemates in the bottom 6. (FYI, He was our 5th highest scoring forward with Desjardins and Danault as his most common linemates and being 8th among forwards for PP TOI/GP and 7th for ES TOI/GP.. 7th and 6th if you remove Ladd).

He had decent quality of competition (only Hossa and Toews had tougher), got just over 40% offensive zone starts and was a positive possession player. Q trusted him in all situations and it shows in the stats and the eye test.

To be fair, I said he was Andrew Shaw level on point production. He certainly didnt benefit from being on the bottom lines but part of that was that he had no real position that made him needed on the top.

I Do love this site:

https://puckalytics.com/players/#!/?pid=1938

Edited by RockRaines

Rockford IceHogs

19 mins ·

The ‪#‎IceHogs‬ and Chicago Blackhawks announced a five-year affiliation extension through the 2021-22 season. DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1UBnwfM [http://bit.ly/1ubnwfm&h=paqhj9iwcaqhpr4o0hbipc5b9db9z7tkols-zyukp7alk3a&enc=aznuf7nqyghjxzuirolconq56ajuastantqoclowihdvyggtoo3ozfdglslvw5j39vnhejyd_4v7jx9nffrtaz9olwxh

_gunbiikumcumqik-gk8ndqmikec8xft7xzgu_r3lqnpgzcn8dlcb7-ui8nme_7rhmnccxvg0hnjeezoj9aavkxxjzxcj7nn13529eo&s=1_green]