2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Saad - Ladd - Sharp

Teuvo - Frolik - Brouwer

Bolland

Byfuglien - Leddy

Johns - Campbell

Oduya

That's the start of a playoff team right there, thanks salary cap!

That's depressing.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 12:06 AM)
Did you really edit his quoted posted, just to make your point about Johns for the 89th time?

Give it a rest.

No. The whole thing is depressing.

post-19888-Jimmy-Butler-alley-oop-dunk-d

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
If you're depressed with the Chicago Blackhawks franchise....find a new hobby.

K thx bye

Seriously. The Hawks are quite literally the apex of sports. This is like a Trump kid talking about his life being not fair.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
If you're depressed with the Chicago Blackhawks franchise....find a new hobby.

K thx bye

Cap didn't make the Blackhawks sign Seabrook to that horrible contract. I'm done going back and forth with your excuses.

Edited by Deadpool

The Blackhawks organization is run like a smooth well-oiled machine. Player is traded away in unpopular deal? Commence "anonymous" s***-talking.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/06/20/zaw...rom-blackhawks/

Last week’s surprising exit of promising young forward Teuvo Teravainen from Chicago in a trade with the Carolina Hurricanes was in part spurred by some in Blackhawks organization perceiving Teravainen’s work ethic to be lacking, 670 The Score has learned.

Several high-profile teammates and staffers voiced their concern with the organization’s brain trust that Teravainen didn’t display the day-to-day commitment needed to take the next step in his career, sources said. While it wasn’t the main reason for the trade that allowed the Blackhawks much-needed cap relief by unloading Bryan Bickell’s $4-million salary, it made it easier for the team to part with the skilled 21-year-old Teravainen. One move that rubbed some Blackhawks the wrong way was Teravainen’s decision to spend this summer in his native Helsinki, Finland, instead of remaining in Chicago to work out under the watchful eyes of the team’s training staff, sources said.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
Newsday Hockey scribe:

Hearing Blackhawks seriously kicking tires on Evgeni Malkin. Will be interesting to see how they create cap space...

I still don't buy it

You'd have to trade Crawford to make that happen, at least.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Seeing as the Pens just won the Cup with a 22 year old netminder, I don't see that being a fit.

I don't think he meant to Pittsburgh. I think he's just implying that they would have to trade Crawford to anyone.

However, I wouldn't deal Crawford. They can't win with Darling.

I doubt this trade happens, but if it does, I fear Kane will be involved. I said last offseason that the Hawks probably had enough, and this would give them a reason to get him out of town. I hope not; he is the best player in hockey right now.

If Kane's not involved, I think the names to watch would be Panarin and Anisimov.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Seeing as the Pens just won the Cup with a 22 year old netminder, I don't see that being a fit.

To free up the cash, not as the primary piece. The only other players that are in that sort of price range are the main guys in Keith, Kane, and Toews, along with maybe Seabrook.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)
I don't think he meant to Pittsburgh. I think he's just implying that they would have to trade Crawford to anyone.

However, I wouldn't deal Crawford. They can't win with Darling.

I doubt this trade happens, but if it does, I fear Kane will be involved. I said last offseason that the Hawks probably had enough, and this would give them a reason to get him out of town. I hope not; he is the best player in hockey right now.

If Kane's not involved, I think the names to watch would be Panarin and Anisimov.

The numbers on that are just insane. To add another $10 million player? We would have to lose one of the bigger contracts we had? Panarin and Anisimov wouldn't be enough to make it work, right? Pens aren't stupid enough to take a garbage contract like Seabrook or Hossa, are they?

Kane to work out in Chicago at the request of the Blackhawks.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
Newsday Hockey scribe:

Hearing Blackhawks seriously kicking tires on Evgeni Malkin. Will be interesting to see how they create cap space...

I still don't buy it

I think this guy put it best. Depressing, yet true. :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CheerTheAnthem/s...330029899431936

@CheerTheAnthem

Price would be Saad, Tuevo, Johns, Dano and Danault