2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 06:40 PM)
Think business is picking up

Source: #Blackhawks are shopping Marcus Kruger and are putting out feelers on possible trade partner for Andrew Shaw.

Hawks gonna pull a Bollig with Kruger and I'm ok with that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 06:57 PM)
We have no idea what is really going on, but my guess is they trade one of them, the one that gets back the best value. I don't think it means both of them, but I could be TOTALLY wrong.

Oh, I agree, I'm just saying if they were to trade both, how much cap space they would have.

I think Shaw can net a late 1st early 2nd and Kruger a 2nd or 3rd.

I can't image the Hawks trading Crawford...and expect to compete for a Cup with Darling?!? Nogga Nogga Noggahappen! I can see trading Shaw...Kruger or whoever...but not Crow. I know this is hindsight...but did they really need to pay Toews and Kane 10M per year at the time?....you don't think 8 would have done it? Regardless...I'm glad both are Hawks.

I'll admit my dirty little secret tho...and for as much as I ABSOLUTELY HATE this player...I wish he was on the Hawks. God...this is like kissing Hitler for me...but I wish Milan Lucic was on the Hawks! There...I said it. I need to go wash my mouth out now and gargle...

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
Chris Kuc reporting that D Brian Campbell all but coming back to the Hawks.

And the Panthers just gave Keith Yandle a truckload of money. It seems like the Campbell deal is a lock.

Hawks don't have any scheduled picks tonight. However, they could net a late 1st in my opinion if they trade Shaw.

With that said, who do you guys think the Hawks trade? Do they make a big move (Anisomov, Seabrook for example)?

Mark LazerusVerified account

‏@MarkLazerus

Source says Andrew Shaw is asking for at least $4.5 million AAV. Moving him might be more realistic than moving Kruger. FLA a possibility.

Mutt's a goner.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Mark LazerusVerified account

‏@MarkLazerus

Source says Andrew Shaw is asking for at least $4.5 million AAV. Moving him might be more realistic than moving Kruger. FLA a possibility.

Mutt's a goner.

Came here to post this & I agree. Trade him for a late 1st.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
Oh man, having Soupy back to man the PP point would be fun.

Getting Soupy on a Richards type deal while trading Shaw for prospects/picks would be really nice.

Trading Shaw wouldn't bother me like when they traded Saad last off season. As a 23 year old at the time, I was almost in tears that they traded him lol.

EDIT: A 4.5 million offer sheet would cost a team a 1st and 3rd round draft picks.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
Totally agree.

I really, really hope Stan has learned his lesson with guys asking for too much, the cap is such a tightrope to walk for a team like the Hawks, you really can't make many mistakes, and unfortunately Stan has made a few.

But, going to sit back and wait to judge after the off-season is over. You can't look at single moves and judge them right away, it's all part of a bigger puzzle

I understand why Shaw would ask for that. 20+ goal scorer with 2 Stanley Cup titles that wants to get paid. He has to know that it won't be here though. The Blackhawks just absolutely cannot and should not do that. I hope he gets moved tonight. Moving Kruger to re-sign Shaw would be a really bad move.