2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
Why in the world would a team give up 2 top 50 picks for Andrew Shaw?

He will have some fun in those B's/Habs games

Your 2nd line answers your question. Montreal still seems to overly concern itself with grit and toughness.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
Shaw to Montreal for two 2nd rounders and two thumbs up from me.

This makes me sad. Better than getting nothing in return...but really gonna miss Shaw's scrappy play.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
Your 2nd line answers your question. Montreal still seems to overly concern itself with grit and toughness.

Exactly. Craig Button said it's a pointless trade by MTL because they need skill, and Shaw's play is too much like every other Hab.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
Pavel Datsyuk traded to Arizona. Let's leave it at that and ignore the other facts.

The other fact here is that Detroit just unloaded a huge contract and pushed their cap space to $19m, and they are going to make a serious run at Steven Stamkos.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
I believe Arizona is also paying Pronger's deal. Go 3/3 and acquire Lecavalier's rights too!

geezus...they are! God that just shows you how effed the NHL salary structure is. They don't pay him jack squat but still counts against the cap and keeps them in the "minimum salary" range...which is ridiculous. Meanwhile teams like the Hawks that did it right continue to get effed by having to shuffle talent off their roster....