2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
Great for Shawzie. Almost making as much as his buddy Bicks. He's got his 2 cup rings, might as well get yourself set for life. Not bad for a 5th round pick passed over twice.

It's amazing what a 3rd or 4th line talent can make.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
That's what I try to tell people who are emotionally invested in Shaw. It's not THAT hard to replace an attitude, and that's what Shaw was. That's what Hartman is.

I'm not a huge Shaw fan, but I'd much rather have him for 3.9 than Kruger for 3.1, because while it's easy to find a 3rd line guy who can notch you 15 goals and 20 assists, it's even easier to find a 4th line guy who gets you nothing offensively and kills penalties.

I'm really interested to see how the next CBA will affect some of the Blackhawks' long term contracts. The NHL is struggling financially and it's looking more and more likely that players are going to have to take a haircut.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
The NHL is drunk today. Stamkos also staying in TB for 8 years at $8.5 AAV.

Makes the Toews/Kane contracts uglier. That's a heck of a contract for Tampa Bay.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
Straight up steal :huh:

Even if you consider them equal players, Weber is signed for his age 31-40 seasons, Subban for age 27-31.

I wonder what he did to Therrian to piss off this much.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Makes the Toews/Kane contracts uglier. That's a heck of a contract for Tampa Bay.

Yup. Even with the no state tax, T and K are making more. But both are still the better, more accomplished players.

Crazy day for the NHL today and it's not even July 1st yet.

As SoxAce said, the Stamkos deal, which is $8.5 million per year would be approximately the equivalent of $10 million per in NY, LA, TOR, as Florida has no state income tax. Because of its financial struggles, the NHL is the one league where this REALLY matters. Every dollar counts.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
PK came up about a week ago, and I said then something weird is going on up in Montreal. It just has never made sense.

Great deal for NSH

They are leaking info that he has character issues or something like that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
They are leaking info that he has character issues or something like that.

That trouble maker donated $10 million to build a children's hospital wing. (I know charitable donations don't make you a good person but the guy has done nothing bad off the ice)

Adrian Dater @adater

Hearing that Chicago considering an offer to Eric Staal

Adrian Dater @adater

No. I think Staal's plan is to take a short-money short-term deal with contender https://twitter.com/kristofers_/status/748410641870893056

Staal and Campbell? Staal at 1 year/2 million Richards type deal, Campbell at 1 year/1.5 million? Yes please....

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
From Dreger:

I believe the Dallas Stars want Brian Campbell. I believe the Stars were his 2nd choice. I also believe he rejoins the Hawks tomorrow.

What Jim Nil wants Jim Nil gets. ....