2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, good for Stamkos staying in Tampa. He could have gotten a deal like Kane's or Toews' in Toronto, Detroit or Buffalo but he stayed where he can win right away. In today's day and age we like to criticize guys for leaving for the spotlight in a big time city for more money, but Stamkos didn't do any of that.

It's also fun to watch all of the Canadian media cry about it, as if everyone's supposed to bow down to Babcock, Shanahan and the Leafs. Enjoy Kris Russell :lol:

Stoked to see that Soupy is going to be coming back. The Hawks really need a guy like him and it's awesome that this worked out. Keeping my fingers crossed for Staal.. if we land him on the cheap then that is great! It's so cool to be able to sign some higher profile vets for cheaper because they want to chase a cup and play in a first class organization. Truly amazing to see what Toews, Kane, Quenneville, McDonough, Rocky Wirtz, and everyone else has done for this organization. It is great to be a fan of the Hawks right now.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
Staal to the Red Wings

The Wild' beat writer:

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 57s57 seconds ago

Sources say #mnwild has signed Eric Staal...3 years

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 32s33 seconds ago

3x 3.5 for Staal.... Done deal. #mnwild now pursuing a winger, I hear

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
Wow!

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 7m7 minutes ago

Seven years, $42 million for Milan Lucic in Edmonton

This is nuts, expected but damn

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
P.K. Subban has character issues yet Montreal then signs a guy who was suspended in the playoffs for being drunk at a bar at 5 AM before a playoff game. Makes sense.

But is he black? Nope. #CheckmateHabs

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
P.K. Subban has character issues yet Montreal then signs a guy who was suspended in the playoffs for being drunk at a bar at 5 AM before a playoff game. Makes sense.

He wasn't liked inside the locker room. That doesn't mean he has character issues.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 14h14 hours ago

NHL interest in Kris Versteeg based on experience...2 Cups. Also hearing there's interest in Switzerland if an NHL fit doesn't surface.

Why not go after Versteeg? I'm sure he can be had for cheap. Can play on any line, knows the system, has chemistry with most of the players.

Versteeg-Toeas-Hossa

Panarin-Anisomov-Kane

Vesey-Kruger-Schmaltz

Desjardins-Rasmussen-Hartman

Mashinter

Keith-Seabrook

Hjalmarsson-Campbell

Kempny-TVR

Rozival

Crawford

Darling

Thoughts?

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
They resigned Richard Panik, so I'm thinking he's probably playing on the first line. I also don't think the Blackhawks will sign Vesey.

Totally forgot about Panik. Insert him instead of Vesey. Then Panik and Versteeg could be interchangeable.