2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not much of a hockey fan. I am getting some hockey tickets for a friend as a gift and I want to get some opinions on where people would prefer to sit.

Would you rather sit in the second row rinkside in a corner or center ice about 12 row back? His team would defend twice on the corner side.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
I am not much of a hockey fan. I am getting some hockey tickets for a friend as a gift and I want to get some opinions on where people would prefer to sit.

Would you rather sit in the second row rinkside in a corner or center ice about 12 row back? His team would defend twice on the corner side.

Center ice.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)

Best seats in the house right there. Just high enough so the players don't block your view of the rest of the ice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)
Best seats in the house right there. Just high enough so the players don't block your view of the rest of the ice.

I prefer anything in the club level. Less people, cleaner bathrooms. Same goes for Sox games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 07:16 AM)
Center ice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
I prefer anything in the club level. Less people, cleaner bathrooms. Same goes for Sox games.

Thank you for the input guys.

Rock, is that club level pretty much the same across all stadiums? I saw that they were priced as high as closer seats and I wasn't sure what it was all about. This is for a Colorado Avalanche game if that matters.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
Thank you for the input guys.

Rock, is that club level pretty much the same across all stadiums? I saw that they were priced as high as closer seats and I wasn't sure what it was all about. This is for a Colorado Avalanche game if that matters.

Waitress service, private entrance, cleaner bathroom with no wait. Its the second level up but I just prefer it. I hate people.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
Hawks on the verge of acquiring Nail Yakupov from the Oilers. Supposedly no roster players from the Hawks end are involved and money retained from EDM part is likely.

Love it.

An organization like the Hawks, with a few Russians on top lines sound like a great change of scenery for a guy like Yakupov. Can't hurt.

Hearing all this hype about Forsling, and with signing Campbell and Kempny, the blue line might not be so bad this year.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 4m4 minutes ago

Opening night:

Panik-Toews-Hossa

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

Motte-Kruger-Hartman

Hino-Schmaltz-22

Keith-TvR

Forsling-Campbell

Kempny-Seabrook

Extras: Rasmussen (healthy scratch), Rozsival (healthy scratch) and Hjalmarsson (suspended).

Desjardins out 4-6 weeks with injury

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 4m4 minutes ago

Opening night:

Panik-Toews-Hossa

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

Motte-Kruger-Hartman

Hino-Schmaltz-22

Keith-TvR

Forsling-Campbell

Kempny-Seabrook

Extras: Rasmussen (healthy scratch), Rozsival (healthy scratch) and Hjalmarsson (suspended).

Desjardins out 4-6 weeks with injury

Man, those trades midseason last year have really put a dent in the depth of this roster.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Man, those trades midseason last year have really put a dent in the depth of this roster.

Essentially a one line team again barring how the kids play. I still would've split up Panarin and Kane to give them better balance, but I don't blame Q for knowing what works best at the start of the year and maybe tinker with it later on.

In other news, Crosby diagnosed with a concussion. Brutal news for Pittsburgh and the NHL.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
They are really, really thin up front. I think the back end should be a strength for this team, the Campbell addition should make a big impact, but goals may be hard to come by. Kane needs to have a repeat season, Toews needs to step it up, Hossa needs to find that fountain of youth and Panarin needs to build off of his rookie season.

That seems like it's asking a alot.

Panarin and Kane better have their heads on a swivel. Either one has a major injury and Hawks might not make the playoffs. It's really difficult to have a 3rd line center without a scoring touch.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
They are really, really thin up front. I think the back end should be a strength for this team, the Campbell addition should make a big impact, but goals may be hard to come by. Kane needs to have a repeat season, Toews needs to step it up, Hossa needs to find that fountain of youth and Panarin needs to build off of his rookie season.

That seems like it's asking a alot.

I think they are young but talented in their depth. There are replacements there but they have to grow up

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 06:52 AM)
I think they are young but talented in their depth. There are replacements there but they have to grow up

I feel like we have been hearing that for a while now, yet very few guys have actually stepped up. Or when they do the Hawks are forced to trade them for cap reasons.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
I feel like we have been hearing that for a while now, yet very few guys have actually stepped up. Or when they do the Hawks are forced to trade them for cap reasons.

Welcome to cap-hell. For three cups in six years, I can handle it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)

I dont know, I think many of them have stepped up. Schmaltz and Motte are going to be very good IMO.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
I dont know, I think many of them have stepped up. Schmaltz and Motte are going to be very good IMO.

And realistically speaking this group will get a chance to prove itself. Typically guys can get buried by Q if they don't play the style right. With as many kids as we have on this roster, this isn't really an option this year.