2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 11:13 PM)
There were some solid Bronx cheers when they did kill the penalties. They gave up two goals on the PK yet still improved their percentage on the season.

Great game from Crawford tonight

You can tell the team is out of whack a bit, and I think alot of it is the new blood and lines. They just have a tough time getting into their groove anywhere on the ice.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 08:34 PM)
It's more than talent. This is at historically bad levels, and the talent level isn't that bad on this team. It's not what we are used to, but it's not this bad. Something is off.

The talent IS there. It is just a whole lot of people doing a whole lot of new things to make this roster work.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
You can tell the team is out of whack a bit, and I think alot of it is the new blood and lines. They just have a tough time getting into their groove anywhere on the ice.

This is absolutely it. They will get it eventually. It might take a while, but they will get it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
This is absolutely it. They will get it eventually. It might take a while, but they will get it.

Their spacing is awful. Can't cycle when you've got two people nearly running into each other.

http://committedindians.com/blackhawks-getting-healthy/

On Tuesday, the Blackhawks shared good news on a couple injured players.

Defenseman Gustav Forsling will return to the lineup against Calgary on Tuesday night at the United Center. The Hawks will be facing the Flames for the second time in nine days – and Forsling was injured in the last game between the two teams. Forsling skated only eight shifts against the Flames on Oct. 24, a 3-2 shootout loss for the Blackhawks.

Michal Kempny will reportedly sit on Tuesday. Michal Rozsival will stay in the lineup for the fourth consecutive game.

Another injured player returning soon is forward Andrew Desjardins

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
The PK is starting to take shape most importantly. I think they have killed 12 of their last 13 now.

I don't have time to look up the exact number, but I think Corey has only given up like 4 or 5 even strength goals all season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
It is really nice to see Hoss off to a good start.

It really is. He's not at a Jagr level (really no one is), but for him to still be productive is real impressive.

Crow standing on his head recently.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 11:33 PM)
It really is. He's not at a Jagr level (really no one is), but for him to still be productive is real impressive.

Crow standing on his head recently.

Crawford has been the MVP for the first month of the season, without a doubt.