2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Isn't that was the Minnesota goalie had? Or was it something else?

Yep. Josh Harding. Some people it doesn't effect too badly, others it is horrible. My uncle had it for 15ish years before he could not longer stand the pain and took his own life.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 11:42 PM)
Also, for ANYONE on the fence about hockey, show them that OT.

3 on 3 is just absurdly fun to watch. Way better than 4v4 and then shootouts and I really think the NHL made the right choice by making this the overtime format. I feel sorry for the goalies, but hey, they have a crappy job in the first place, they're probably used to it. :lol:

Edited by South Sider

Schmaltz, Hartman, Hinostroza and Hossa were fantastic that game. Really need Toews to get going though. And I think our PP would look much better if Keith was off of it. Other than that, this team looks very good.

Oh.. and if anyone hasn't had a chance to watch Connor McDavid yet, watch him on Monday. Such a stud player and only 19. Just scored a hat trick last night too.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 12:55 AM)
Schmaltz, Hartman, Hinostroza and Hossa were fantastic that game. Really need Toews to get going though. And I think our PP would look much better if Keith was off of it. Other than that, this team looks very good.

Oh.. and if anyone hasn't had a chance to watch Connor McDavid yet, watch him on Monday. Such a stud player and only 19. Just scored a hat trick last night too.

Agree. Seabrook's shot is an absolute weapon, and while Keith's skating helps the PP, his inability to get a shot on goal is maddening

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Lauren Comitor ‏@laurencomitor 2h2 hours ago

Detailed look here by @ByScottPowers at the now even more complicated situation of re-signing Artemi Panarin.

https://theathletic.com/26607/2016/11/21/re...for-blackhawks/

Not sure of anyone saw it but a Canadian reporter says that the Hawks tried to get Saad back last year. It's interesting because he thinks that with Saad struggling to fit in in Columbus, they could take another run at him. It's clear that Panarin is the more dangerous player, but I wonder if Bowman would trade Panarin for Saad. Panarin would want more money than Saad makes so he could save there, and with every Russian there's a chance Panarin may eventually go back to Russia. If Bowman doesn't think he can afford Panarin but could afford Saad, perhaps he moves ahead of the game and brings Saad back in exchange for Panarin.