2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone likes those Winter Classic hats the Hawks were wearing, they are on sale for $15 here: https://www.lids.com/chicago-blackhawks-ree...&cadevice=c

I think it's because even though they say one size fits all, they are quite tight around those with larger heads. I have a small head so it's a complete win for me and it fits comfortably.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 10:10 PM)
Getting sick of the Hawks fans on their high horse about the Hawks being an awful franchise because of Kane or Hull while bragging about their 2016 WS Champions gear.

I don't like Kane, Hull, or Chapman but I can't blame the Blackhawks for sticking by Kane. They already paid him and the case appears to have been dropped. I can neither condemn him nor exonerate him, but at least he has stayed out of trouble since.

I wish the Hull thing would just kind of stop, but I won't blame you for liking him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 10:10 PM)
Getting sick of the Hawks fans on their high horse about the Hawks being an awful franchise because of Kane or Hull while bragging about their 2016 WS Champions gear.

Who are those people? The Hawks are the best franchise in Chicago

I understand the Hull stuff, but outside of that, they are the best

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2017 -> 12:37 AM)
Who are those people? The Hawks are the best franchise in Chicago

I understand the Hull stuff, but outside of that, they are the best

The Hull stuff I understand as well, but a certain popular Hawks site seems to drop a Kane is a rapist comment daily like there is a major vendetta and they seem to hold it against the Hawks with a grudge. But no similar vitrol when you trade for a player coming off a DV suspension. Just be consistent.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
The Hull stuff I understand as well, but a certain popular Hawks site seems to drop a Kane is a rapist comment daily like there is a major vendetta and they seem to hold it against the Hawks with a grudge. But no similar vitrol when you trade for a player coming off a DV suspension. Just be consistent.

The link I posted a few pages back gets into why the Hull stuff is especially dumb, since they're holding him out as a team ambassador.

Not sure if you're talking about SCH or TCI, I only really read the former.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 8, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)
Ugliest hat trick ever? Nice work Hartman

I'm not convinced the Hawks are that good yet but they keep winning

Ha, it sure wasn't pretty!

As they are now, I'm still kind of meh on getting past the second round. Crawford/Darling have covered up a lot. At least the possession numbers are better than last year.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 8, 2017 -> 09:47 PM)
Ha, it sure wasn't pretty!

As they are now, I'm still kind of meh on getting past the second round. Crawford/Darling have covered up a lot. At least the possession numbers are better than last year.

If they can continue to pepper in those greasy goals like Hjammer's (AA screen) and Hartman's first ("go to the net and good things happen"), then they will have a really good chance at winning the SC. If they stay on the outside, there's no chance.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
Schmaltz putting up some good numbers in Rockford.

He was by far the best player on the ice when I saw him play the Texas Stars.

So was that an "unnatural hat trick" for Harman yesterday? Two empty netters

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 06:23 PM)
He was by far the best player on the ice when I saw him play the Texas Stars.

So was that an "unnatural hat trick" for Harman yesterday? Two empty netters

Hopefully he gets his confidence back and steps up when he returns.