2016-17 NHL Thread

Duncan Keith to skip the World Cup of Hockey to rest up the knee he had surgery on. That's fine by me.

I really love the Olympics and I'll probably watch the World Cup, but it's a little harder to get into with the silly Team North America and Team Europe (or rest of) squads.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Duncan Keith to skip the World Cup of Hockey to rest up the knee he had surgery on. That's fine by me.

I really love the Olympics and I'll probably watch the World Cup, but it's a little harder to get into with the silly Team North America and Team Europe (or rest of) squads.

I wonder how many injuries were hidden from the media. Apparently he injured it in the Blues series. And I think Saad has a great chance to be captain of the NA team. He should be playing with Kane and USA though. Same with Gaudreau (which is why USA is weaker all around. They don't have the depth like Canada). I'll be watching though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be in Chicago in October, and my daughter is dying to go to anHawks game. Of course, it has to be opening game. I was thinking about getting SRO tickets so I can take my son, too, but I've never done SRO. Anybody have any feedback for me? What's the SRO experience like? Where do you stand? Can you see? Do you spend the entire game moving out of people's way?

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 08:06 AM)
I'm going to be in Chicago in October, and my daughter is dying to go to anHawks game. Of course, it has to be opening game. I was thinking about getting SRO tickets so I can take my son, too, but I've never done SRO. Anybody have any feedback for me? What's the SRO experience like? Where do you stand? Can you see? Do you spend the entire game moving out of people's way?

I've never bought SRO tickets, but I can tell you what I have observed. You stand directly behind the last row of the 300 level. Once you claim a spot, I think you just have it the whole game. Some spots are better to see than others, might be tough depending on how old/tall your kids are. They open the gates 90 minutes before puck drop and people immediately run upstairs and claim the best spots.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 09:36 PM)
For a playoff only fan ... will the Hawks be good this year? What happened to them in the offseason?

They have Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Panarin, Hossa, and Crawford. With those guys they will be in contention for a cup every year. So yes, they'll be good. The West is very good though and Hawks have a lot of new guys and young players that will play this year.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
They have Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Panarin, Hossa, and Crawford. With those guys they will be in contention for a cup every year. So yes, they'll be good. The West is very good though and Hawks have a lot of new guys and young players that will play this year.

Nice. I would guess the young guys will be the key to whether we can make a run for the Cup.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
Nice. I would guess the young guys will be the key to whether we can make a run for the Cup.

They have some highly regarded guys like Nick Schmaltz and Michael Kempny. Come playoff time though, it's about your stars being great. It's nice to have a team that's always at least in contention. I think Vegas has the Hawks with the 2nd highest odds to win the cup.

Too bad team USA is run by a bunch of dinosaurs and an idiot of a head coach. Some snubs that should be on the team, they prioritizing grit over skill, etc. Granted some of the better USA players are on team NA, guys like Johnson, Kessel, Okposo, etc should of been here. Guys like Bowman, Lombardi, etc should be running future teams at this point.

Thank god the Blackhawks never wasted Kane's prime years like this international braintrust has.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 10:56 PM)
Phil Kessel @PKessel81

Just sitting around the house tonight w my dog. Felt like I should be doing something important, but couldn't put my finger on it.

kinda amusing tweet but I wouldnt classify this tournament as important really. I had zero interest in the WCOH, especially with football season starting up.

No one get hurt and I'll see hockey come the beginning of October.

I wonder how well the ratings are doing for ESPN so far and going forward now that the US is eliminated.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
kinda amusing tweet but I wouldnt classify this tournament as important really. I had zero interest in the WCOH, especially with football season starting up.

No one get hurt and I'll see hockey come the beginning of October.

I wonder how well the ratings are doing for ESPN so far and going forward now that the US is eliminated.

I was in Montreal this weekend with some friends, we were out at a bar Saturday night during Canada's first real game against the Czechs. Granted we were in the touristy downtown area, but there was like zero interest in the game. I thought there would be at least some kind of fun atmosphere but there was nothing, nobody seemed to really care.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
Too bad team USA is run by a bunch of dinosaurs and an idiot of a head coach. Some snubs that should be on the team, they prioritizing grit over skill, etc. Granted some of the better USA players are on team NA, guys like Johnson, Kessel, Okposo, etc should of been here. Guys like Bowman, Lombardi, etc should be running future teams at this point.

Thank god the Blackhawks never wasted Kane's prime years like this international braintrust has.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
Torts is the worst.

+1 to both these posts. USA got dominated yesterday, the tourney is decent but yesterday's game was dead and USA being eliminated is going to kill most of the little interest that was there anyway.