2016-17 NHL Thread

PSA: Hawks tickets have gotten really cheap on the secondary market for some reason. I don't know if it's cause they are at the same time as Cubs NLCS games or just Blackhawks overload, but you can get seats for under $40 for Tuesday night. That's been unheard of the last few years.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
PSA: Hawks tickets have gotten really cheap on the secondary market for some reason. I don't know if it's cause they are at the same time as Cubs NLCS games or just Blackhawks overload, but you can get seats for under $40 for Tuesday night. That's been unheard of the last few years.

Wow, it wasn't that long ago that SRO was $100 per.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)

I'm going to say it's mostly the NLCS, with a little bit of the latter sprinkled in.

Thanks for the heads up man, normally I'm on top of this kind of stuff and would have thought to at least look at Stubhub because of the NLCS. I've been so busy it didn't even cross my mind. Needless to say, scored SRO for $20 each (before Stubhubs massive tax). And I'm sure we'll be able to find a decent place to pop a squat as well.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
Other than a couple minutes at the start of the 3rd, nice game for the Hawks. Nice to see the Kane/Panarin/Anisimov line come alive.

Hawks got real sloppy after the 4-0 lead. It was like "hey lets throw a lot of passes up the middle in our own end and see how many get picked off."

Congrats Hoss !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
It's very early but six points in six games sounds a heck of a lot better than four points.

This team is going to be very up and down for the first part of the season for sure. The middle of this roster has completely turned over again, and a lot of guys have to learn to play with each other. Especially until the special teams gets figured out, there could be some very ugly nights. This squad as of now is going to have to outscore some people and hope Corey stands on his head.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
This team is going to be very up and down for the first part of the season for sure. The middle of this roster has completely turned over again, and a lot of guys have to learn to play with each other. Especially until the special teams gets figured out, there could be some very ugly nights. This squad as of now is going to have to outscore some people and hope Corey stands on his head.

All that matters is getting enough points to get into the playoffs. Anything can happen once you're in. But you're exactly on point, lots of new players figuring out their role and chemistry with one another. Hawks hopefully will hit full stride later in the season.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 23, 2016 -> 07:02 PM)
All that matters is getting enough points to get into the playoffs. Anything can happen once you're in. But you're exactly on point, lots of new players figuring out their role and chemistry with one another. Hawks hopefully will hit full stride later in the season.

True. I just hope the talent gels this year soon enough for them to make a run.

Panik has been a pleasant surprise so far in this year. Bowman needs to continue to make deals like that. Players who are talented, but just can't put it together for their current organization/need a change of scenery. Too bad they didn't get Yakupov. I wonder if he looks at a guy like Tomas Jurco (or Mantha if their GM is still down on him for whatever reason) from Detroit unless its still sacrilegious to deal with the Red Wings.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 07:06 AM)
True. I just hope the talent gels this year soon enough for them to make a run.

At least you know the PK can't get any worse. Currently at 42.9%. I looked it up, the worst season on record was the 79-80 Kings, who killed 67.70% of penalties, and that was a completely different era too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
At least you know the PK can't get any worse. Currently at 42.9%. I looked it up, the worst season on record was the 79-80 Kings, who killed 67.70% of penalties, and that was a completely different era too.

It is such a small sample size, but yes, you can almost promise it won't be worse than 20%.