2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:42 PM)
SRO are going for like $25 right now for tonight's game. I would never pay to stand though anyway.

I dunno, if I ever get SRO tickets I try to find some seats that aren't being used. I went to one of the playoff games vs. the Blues last year and found a couple aisle seats center ice with no seats in front and luckily enough they were never claimed.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 04:57 PM)
I dunno, if I ever get SRO tickets I try to find some seats that aren't being used. I went to one of the playoff games vs. the Blues last year and found a couple aisle seats center ice with no seats in front and luckily enough they were never claimed.

We are the people you hate, ha. Our seats are in 3 and 4, the guys on the aisle miss several games a year, we always just move over to gain some elbow room.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
We are the people you hate, ha. Our seats are in 3 and 4, the guys on the aisle miss several games a year, we always just move over to gain some elbow room.

Haha, there's definitely some deception there if you are sitting in 2 and 3. Makes one think that their "buddies" are getting using amenities.

...and another meltdown. f***ing Winnipeg. I thought the Hawks may have finally exorcised that demon. :angry:

They went up 3-2 and I thought they finally had an answer for the Jets but it fell apart again. But they have a double digit point lead over the Blues, probably won't catch Minnesota, so this all just seems like the winter doldrums they get every year there is no lockout. At least I hope so.

The young forwards have been better but the defense has been s***.

Of the top 100 NHL players honored over the weekend at the All-Star game, 6 of them are current players.

3 of those are Blackhawks: Toews, Kane and Keith. I don't know enough to know if any of them really deserved it but 3 rings in this era is going to make an impression. Either way its a nice honor for those guys.

The other 3 current players are Crosby, Ovechkin and Jagr.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)
Surprised Hossa didn't make the list. At this point in time, he has probably had a better career than #19 or #88. As they keep playing, they would most likely surpass him, but kind of thought he deserved to be on there.

Yeah, that's just dumb. Hossa spent his prime in the NHL when defenses were allowed to trap and do a bunch of bulls***, yet he is now 58th all-time in the NHL in total points and has considerably more points than guys like Rocket Richard, Keith Tkachuk, Pat LaFontaine, etc.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 08:45 AM)
Yeah, that's just dumb. Hossa spent his prime in the NHL when defenses were allowed to trap and do a bunch of bulls***, yet he is now 58th all-time in the NHL in total points and has considerably more points than guys like Rocket Richard, Keith Tkachuk, Pat LaFontaine, etc.

Honestly, the most impressive thing about Hossa's time here hasn't been his scoring ability, it has been his defensive ability. He is a shutdown forward. He doesn't lose battles in the corner. Dude is just a beast.