2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:16 AM)
Man hockey is an odd sport

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 24m24 minutes ago

More

St. Louis, it should be noted, is dead last in team save percentage at .887 despite allowing the fourth fewest shots per game (27.6).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 24m24 minutes ago

More

St. Louis, it should be noted, is dead last in team save percentage at .887 despite allowing the fourth fewest shots per game (27.6).

If you bring Mike Yeo onto your staff you are about to get fired..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 09:33 PM)
According to @ckamka, Kane has assisted on 36/48 of Panarin's goals. 23/30 last year and 13/18 this year. I think they might click together

Go stand on that left dot and wind up Artemi, the puck is coming your way.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 09:41 PM)
And then commit a ton of delay of game penalties to let them back in.

This game should not be close.

I almost jinxed that one, glad they held on for the two points.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 07:01 AM)
Go stand on that left dot and wind up Artemi, the puck is coming your way.

I almost jinxed that one, glad they held on for the two points.

It almost seemed as if they were shaving points. The delay of game penalties were very very strange.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 12:39 AM)
I'm going to the Notre Dame hockey game tomorrow. Hawks prospect D Dennis Gilbert (3rd RD pick in 2015) plays for the Irish, so I'll try to keep an eye out for him.

Notre Dame beat #12 Vermont, 4-1.

Gilbert seemed like a defense-first player, and I say that because he was kind of s***ty with passes in the defensive zone and made some turnovers. He was really good on D in terms of sweeping the puck away and had the biggest hit of the game as well. He ended up with 2 assists on the night, but once he would take a puck away, block a shot, or otherwise gain possession behind the net, he would just wildly get rid of the puck, often right to a Vermont skater. Twice in this game he centered a puck from behind his own goalie that almost resulted in Vermont goals.

Notre Dame's goalie, Cal Patterson, is damn good though. He is a Hobey Baker finalist, along with one of ND's wingers. But the offensive guy who stuck out the most was freshman winger Cal Burke, undrafted.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
Panarin is so awesome, some ridiculous passes today.

By far the best game I've ever seen him play. He was fantastic. Hartman was damn good as well. Crow was better this game, but still 3+ GA post appendix is a bit worrisome, but much better tonight.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 10:02 PM)
By far the best game I've ever seen him play. He was fantastic. Hartman was damn good as well. Crow was better this game, but still 3+ GA post appendix is a bit worrisome, but much better tonight.

Amazing diving save by Hartman.

Crawford is worrisome, but he's got 2 months to figure it out.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
Man, the Stars' defense and goaltending are horrendous. It's always hilarious how much credit Jim Nill gets for being average at his job.

He gets a ton of credit for the Seguin trade, but his inability to draft or add defense is wasting years of two solid players in Benn and Seguin.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
Martin Havlat retires. Tallon gets a lot of credit for moving away from him, because he was never as valuable again as he was in 2009.

I remember for about a minute where some fans actually debated if we should have brought him back instead of going big for Hossa.