2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was at the game tonight. First live game ive seen all year. I gotta tell ya, the lines we run are pretty deep. We effect the other team with our 3rd and 4th line pretty frequently these days. Hartman is kind of a nice surprise with his points. He's relentless. He's out performing Shaw and isnt nearly as dumb. Shaw has f***ing 88 Penalty min for god sakes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:01 AM)
So I was at the game tonight. First live game ive seen all year. I gotta tell ya, the lines we run are pretty deep. We effect the other team with our 3rd and 4th line pretty frequently these days. Hartman is kind of a nice surprise with his points. He's relentless. He's out performing Shaw and isnt nearly as dumb. Shaw has f***ing 88 Penalty min for god sakes.

Lazerus just wrote article this week in the Sun-Times about how the difference with the 3 Cup champions was not the superstars, it was the depth on the 3rd and 4th lines. If they keep improving and you can play those guys freely, maybe they have a chance in April & May.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
Lazerus just wrote article this week in the Sun-Times about how the difference with the 3 Cup champions was not the superstars, it was the depth on the 3rd and 4th lines. If they keep improving and you can play those guys freely, maybe they have a chance in April & May.

One guy who has been a beast since his return is Schmaltz. You notice him on the ice a lot more than before he got sent down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 09:10 AM)
One guy who has been a beast since his return is Schmaltz. You notice him on the ice a lot more than before he got sent down.

True, I have found myself yelling "Schmaltzie!" at my TV a lot more. In a good way

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 05:08 AM)
Damn if this ain't true, F the Jets. Nice win last night, Hawks looking deep right now just gotta have the kids keep it up.

Their confidence is driving production. Hartman has a lot more skill than I thought he had. When Schmaltz figures out how good he is look out. Right now he doesn't exactly know he belongs as a top player. When he's on the ice you can tell.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 12, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)
The players union negotiated a mandatory bye week for each team during January and February in exchange for the new ASG format.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.secondcityho...-2016-17-season

the NHLPA has given up a lot in terms of salary, but they have got some nice schedule concessions out of it. They get a ton of time off for their ASB, Christmas, and now this bye week.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 09:15 PM)
Excited to see McDavid in person tomorrow, one of the first picks in my ticket draft, the Bulls take all the Saturday nights.

But from last count, teams coming off the mandatory bye are 3-8-1 so my hopes aren't up for the Hawks win tomorrow.

Gonna be sluggish.