2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Q is very impressed so far with John Hayden. I hope he continues to play well . He brings a physical presence that the Hawks need. His goal against the Leafs was quite impressive in that he took a pass at his feet directed the puck to his stick with his skate and shot it all in one motion. https://www.nhl.com/video/t-283423460/c-50509903

If Q starts using him on the power play, where he will provide a net front presence , he could stay with the hawks through the playoffs. He was very good on the PP with Harvard. Outside of Panik, Anisimov and Toews the Hawks need more of that and Toews takes a beating down there .

Fun fact: On 3/18 he scored a goal for the Hawks , on 3/11 he scored a goal against Harvard.

The Hawks have won 16 of their last 19 games and 11 of their last 12 on the road.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2017 -> 08:25 PM)
Well that go out of hand quickly. I don't how the hell the review confirmed the 2nd goal, Toews looked so offsides but I'll take it.

He was definitely offsides, but you take what is given to you

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 19, 2017 -> 10:49 AM)
Coach Q is very impressed so far with John Hayden. I hope he continues to play well . He brings a physical presence that the Hawks need. His goal against the Leafs was quite impressive in that he took a pass at his feet directed the puck to his stick with his skate and shot it all in one motion. https://www.nhl.com/video/t-283423460/c-50509903

If Q starts using him on the power play, where he will provide a net front presence , he could stay with the hawks through the playoffs. He was very good on the PP with Harvard. Outside of Panik, Anisimov and Toews the Hawks need more of that and Toews takes a beating down there .

Fun fact: On 3/18 he scored a goal for the Hawks , on 3/11 he scored a goal for Harvard.

The Hawks have won 16 of their last 19 games and 11 of their last 12 on the road.

I'm actually kind of shocked they called him up then, with all those goals he was scoring for the other other (Harvard).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 07:12 AM)
I'm actually kind of shocked they called him up then, with all those goals he was scoring for the other other (Harvard).

He played for Yale, not Harvard. He scored on 3/11 vs. Harvard. Harvard made the NCAA tourney, so I don't think he would have been signed called up yet.

Wow, I flipped to the game during a commerical during the NCAA's and saw they were down 3-1 in the 3rd, and wrote it off. I looked up the score later and saw 6-3 and first assumed they lost. Then it hit me that Chicago was the one with 6.

Wow.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 19, 2017 -> 11:03 PM)
Makeup call from that Parise goal against us.

The NHL's statement said that they couldn't confirm the moment Panik's stick actually touched the puck over the line, so that gave Toews the time to get back onside I guess. If they are gonna be that exact about these offsides reviews, I feel like it's gonna become just like the NFL catch rule.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 08:41 AM)
The NHL's statement said that they couldn't confirm the moment Panik's stick actually touched the puck over the line, so that gave Toews the time to get back onside I guess. If they are gonna be that exact about these offsides reviews, I feel like it's gonna become just like the NFL catch rule.

The key to these is always conclusive proof. That is pretty tight standards for proof. Wow. But we have seen the same kind of thing go against the Hawks plenty of times.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 08:41 AM)

A couple of things.

The referee seemed to impede Toews which should not impact the call but it did cause him to be offsides

I actually like that on a bang bang play like that they seem to not be penalizing the team. It was not blatant and it did not impact the play. Toews was coming back to touch up it was not like he was entering the zone with Panik and gained the advantage of being ahead of the play.

I will admit I did not see the Minnesota Parise play and they may change my thought on this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 02:08 PM)
did anyone see Crosby slash a guy last night and pretty much cut the top of his finger off? Pretty gnarly, and Crosby acted like a b**** about it (surprise surprise)

That comes a few days after he Draymond Green'd one of the Sabres with his stick.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 26, 2017 -> 11:03 AM)
I went to Columbus in 2010, I think I saw them lose like 8-2? The Blue Jackets fan had to apologize, they felt bad for us, haha

Where there any there lol?

I usually see them in Columbus because I live a few hours from there, and I usually have to check the banners on the way out to make sure I'm not in Chicago because its just a sea of red in Nationwide.

Edited by ypres

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 26, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)
This was 2010, so the bandwagon wasn't THAT full yet. :)

I'll always remember that, we had this really nice family behind us that felt really bad for us, all we could do was laugh considering the season they were having and the score what it was.

Also, F that cannon. God it's brutal.

Yeah I hate that thing, but I do love columbus.

Pretty excited to see them face off friday.