2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)
4 of which were played over 3 months ago, but yeah, it's still not Washington or Anaheim. Either way, if they win tonight, their game 5 & 6 playoff record under coach Q is like 245-1 (est.) , so it's not over.

That's the beauty of hockey, these series are never over until the 4th game is actually won. Obviously the Hawks have a big hole to dig themselves out of but who the hell knows.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)
4 of which were played over 3 months ago, but yeah, it's still not Washington or Anaheim. Either way, if they win tonight, their game 5 & 6 playoff record under coach Q is like 245-1 (est.) , so it's not over.

The Hawks are 13-5 under Q when facing elimination.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 06:54 PM)
Schmaltz puts one through the crease, nobody in front.

Toews slows down and makes a 3 on 1 a 2 on 1

Panarin misses the net from 7 feet out

Rinse, repeat

But Corey is on point. Reminds me of the first few months of the year before his appendix struck.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
I fear that this is officially the end. Too bad.

With the randomness of playoff hockey, they can always make a run as a 6 seed or something. But yeah. Damn that Seabrook contract forever.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
I fear that this is officially the end. Too bad.

It's the end for this group. Hawks have to find defense prospects and rebuild. The organization is too good to be bad for long.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 09:51 PM)
It's the end for this group. Hawks have to find defense prospects and rebuild. The organization is too good to be bad for long.

Yes the team that was top seed in the west needs a full rebuild. Ok.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 09:47 PM)
With the randomness of playoff hockey, they can always make a run as a 6 seed or something. But yeah. Damn that Seabrook contract forever.

His contract didn't keep them from scoring.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 08:56 PM)
His contract didn't keep them from scoring.

It may have kept them from paying another forward. Come on, I've been against that extension since day one, never gonna let it die.

Playoff hockey happens, they probably overacheived in the regular season, then met a really good team finally hitting it's stride. Makes you appreciate the earlier runs, who were also more talented.

But has a 1 seed ever been swept before?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 09:55 PM)
Yes the team that was top seed in the west needs a full rebuild. Ok.

Not really what I said. They need young defense. And I said the organization is too good to be bad for long.

Regardless, they just got their asses kicked by an 8 seed so your confidence in being the top seed is as some predictor of future success is nonsensical.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
It may have kept them from paying another forward. Come on, I've been against that extension since day one, never gonna let it die.

Playoff hockey happens, they probably overacheived in the regular season, then met a really good team finally hitting it's stride. Makes you appreciate the earlier runs, who were also more talented.

But has a 1 seed ever been swept before?

1st 1 seed to ever get swept. I don't think Nashville is getting enough credit here. Blackhawks definitely we're on the wrong end of some puck luck early in the series but Nashville came to make a statement and they played like a 1 seed x2.

and to be fair, nobody was worried about getting another scorer when they hit their stride and were cruising Feb/Mar.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 20, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
Not really what I said. They need young defense. And I said the organization is too good to be bad for long.

Regardless, they just got their asses kicked by an 8 seed so your confidence in being the top seed is as some predictor of future success is nonsensical.

They aren't bad.

Getting bouncerd in the playoffs is a less accurate predictor.