2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 11, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
Caps gonna Caps,lol and I honestly thought Ducks we're gonna get shafted. They had a lot of scoring chances and just weren't capitalizing. At least they pulled it out.

They just dominated that 2nd period but only got one goal, I kinda thought they were gonna regret not scoring more. But the Ducks did play well, it never really felt like Edmonton was controlling the game at all in the final 2 periods.

QUOTE (Tony @ May 11, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)
That seems a little unnecessary.

Yeah, would have preferred closer to 2 than 3, although LeBrun says he turned down more to stay, which I don't get because free agency is over 45 days away.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
Bye bye Kruger.

Unless it's bye bye Panik?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
Unless it's bye bye Panik?

Doubtful. It's rare to have a player sign an extension then trade him weeks later. I'd bet the house Stan and company know somebody else is gone (likely Kruger, unless by the grace of god they found a taker for Seabrook).

Speaking of the Vegas draft, Pierre LeBrun was tweeting about some crazy rule yesterday. He said that Vegas' window to sign UFA's is earlier than everyone else's. He speculated that they could sign a UFA to a big deal for another team and then trade that player contract and all to a team for different assets. It's crazy but LeBrun said he checked with the league and it'd be legal. So let's say for example that the Hawks wanted Shattenkirk and had the money to afford him. Vegas could sign him to a 5 year deal and then trade him to the Hawks when free agency starts for a 2nd round pick or something. I wonder if we see this happen.

QUOTE (Tony @ May 11, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
I'd be sort of surprised if they protect Panik from the Vegas draft.

That's what I meant. Everyone thinks Kruger is gonna get nabbed by Vegas, but I could see Panik just as easily left unprotected.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
Jim Nill: "ALL THE GOALIES!!!!"

Lol, didn't we have a stars fan on this board at one point? would love to know how they feel signing Bishop to a pretty large contract coming off an injury plagued season.

Ryan Kesler is up to his same old tricks with Ryan Johansen:

“He just blows my mind, I don’t know what’s going through his head out there,” Johansen said.

“Like, his family and friends watching him play—I don’t know how you cheer for a guy like that. It just doesn’t make sense how he plays the game. I’m just trying to go out there and play hockey, and it sucks when you have to pull a stick out of your groin after every shift.”

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 12, 2017 -> 11:39 AM)
Lol, didn't we have a stars fan on this board at one point? would love to know how they feel signing Bishop to a pretty large contract coming off an injury plagued season.

Bishop is always hurt and their defense still blows

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
Ryan Kesler is up to his same old tricks with Ryan Johansen:

I don't recall ever hating a player as much as I do with Kesler. He is just such a f***ing prick

Your Western Conference Champion Nashville Predators. I didn't see that coming a month ago but they are no fluke, well deserved. Gonna be an epic party on Broadway tonight.

And easy to see Bieksa is still a little s*** with his end of game antics. Adios.

Ducks fans are insufferable and their team is a bunch of dirty goons so it's nice to see them eliminated. I can't see them beating the Pens unfortunately without Johansen and Fisher but you never know.

This is me assuming Ottawa loses tomorrow of course (although I'll be rooting for them).

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 22, 2017 -> 10:04 PM)
Your Western Conference Champion Nashville Predators. I didn't see that coming a month ago but they are no fluke, well deserved. Gonna be an epic party on Broadway tonight.

And easy to see Bieksa is still a little s*** with his end of game antics. Adios.

They were pretty amazing from game 1 of the playoffs. Totally different level than everyone with by far the best goalie. Well deserved.

Gotta think the execs at NBC are rooting hard for a Penugins win tonight. A Nashville/Ottawa final probably doesn't do much rating wise, even though it would have the leagues best D-man on one side and P.K. Subban on the other.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2017 -> 10:28 PM)
Ottawa is fighting and all but Pitt is the better team

Yeah, but in game 7 overtime, you don't have to be better, just luckier. It's been a fun game. I'm calling Daley or Stalberg with the winning goal. :lol:

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 25, 2017 -> 10:43 PM)
Anderson is playing out of his mind. Win or lose, he's been fantastic.

I can't imagine a worse position in sports than hockey goalie in overtime. Play so well and still get the L.

Bummer, I was hoping Canada would get a chance at the Cup, but Predators Penguins will be a better series.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 25, 2017 -> 10:38 PM)
Yeah, but in game 7 overtime, you don't have to be better, just luckier. It's been a fun game. I'm calling Daley or Stalberg with the winning goal. :lol:

Great game but the better team won

I've got Nashville in 6

Crosby 2-0 touching Prince of Wales trophy. Pens in 7. :lol:

In all honesty, I'm rooting for Nashville, but I think those Johansen and Fisher injuries are gonna do them in facing Sid and Geno. Gotta hope Pekka plays out of his mind.