If you could add 1 player to this team.....

he gone.

You know, I'm bored. I don't like the reality of this team. I've gone to way too many games and watch entirely too many on my couch and they all end the same way lately. So started thinking, if you could take 1 player from any team in the MLB -- not via trade. Just take and place on your team, who would it be?

I started thinking about this -- the names will likely be similar for most responses. Trout. Kershaw. Altuve. Harper. Arrieta.

I came to the conclusion that I'd take Kershaw. Basically if you had him your rotation would be Kershaw, Sale, Q, Rodon, Shields. Those guys would eat so many innings that your bullpen would be that much better.

Also come playoff time that would be an impossible 1-2-3 punch to top.

The other one I liked was Altuve. Slots in at 2b. Your lineup of Eaton, Altuve, Abreu, Frazier, Melky at the top is about as good as it gets. Would be a run scoring machine. Unfortunately it doesn't plug the holes of OF & C.

Harper or Trout were nice too, but I feel the upgrade isn't as great as Altuve or Kershaw would be.

Again. I'm bored and hate this team.

I'd probably always answer trout regardless, but the impact of his bat in the mix, plus elite CF, plus giving us back our elite RF is a really sweet fit.

Best pitcher in the world won't matter if every hit to right field is a double.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I'd probably always answer trout regardless, but the impact of his bat in the mix, plus elite CF, plus giving us back our elite RF is a really sweet fit.

Best pitcher in the world won't matter if every hit to right field is a double.

Yeah, the addition of Mike Trout would be bigger for a team that lacks offense and CF help right now.

Kershaw is such an absolute monster that it's hard to pick against him, so I'm gonna narrowly pick Trout too. Just toss him in and get his all-around game, night in night out.

I think about Quintana and his 5-7 record despite studly numbers; that's where my head's at.

Mike Trout for 3 reasons:

1) Middle of the order bat they so desperately need.

2) Plays CF, meaning Eaton can be the elite RF he was in the first half of the season.

3) I feel Rodon will develop into a frontline starter (see: one of the 10-20 best in baseball), Shields is not as bad as his last three outings and will make a high end 4, and the team can find/develop a 5th starter, Miguel Gonzalez has been mostly serviceable to this point.

Also, this lineup makes me salivate:

1) SS Anderson

2) RF Eaton

3) CF Trout

4) 1B Abreu

5) 3B Frazier

6) LF Cabrera

7) 2B Lawrie

8) DH Garcia

9) C Avila/Navarro

I don't even care that the last spot is a black hole and the 8 spot is below average production for a DH, that top 7 will more than make up for it.

Hard to imagine how disappointed I would be if I had Mike Trout on my team and $200 million to spend and somehow found myself with the worst farm system in baseball and a 3rd place team.

I'd probably feel similar to now, but still. Would be so amazing to watch this guy in your uniform.

Let's also add what 2 players from former Sox teams would you like on this team. If they were still in their prime. You can pick only one superstar and one role player.

I'd say Frank Thomas and Chet Lemon. Thomas for obvious reasons. He was selective at the plate and yet a slugger. Lemon would rule centerfield like nobody's business and also hit the ball hard. My third might be Ozzie Guillen, though he swung at too many pitches. He was a solid shortstop/hitter though.