SOX WINNER!!

TheTruth05

Finally a real prospect in Tim Anderson. Not saying he won't go 1-for-30 soon and start struggling, but at least he looks like a real player.

Sale wins. Did Robin save his job tonight? I can't imagine how he'd have kept it if they lost yet another home series. His job status lives on.

Anderson looking just fantastic. If Morneau can come in and hit like he has the last 2 years we might have a decent offense while Hahn tries to secure another bat and perhaps a relief pitcher. Then Rodon and Shields pitch better and Sox could look pretty strong. As much as I've supported Avi he's a huge liability in the OF and Morneau crushes righties so Avi to the bench or traded.

:snr Come Sale Away !

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 04:14 AM)
Anderson looking just fantastic. If Morneau can come in and hit like he has the last 2 years we might have a decent offense while Hahn tries to secure another bat and perhaps a relief pitcher. Then Rodon and Shields pitch better and Sox could look pretty strong. As much as I've supported Avi he's a huge liability in the OF and Morneau crushes righties so Avi to the bench or traded.

:snr Come Sale Away !

WHy is Morneau on the DL? ACL? I'm suspecting he'll be slower than Paulie.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)
I thought he had some sort of elbow surgery

Yes elbow. Said it hurt all last season. Hopefully he has something in the tank, but it would be nice if Hahn could get something before Cleveland on Friday.

Big series,and they are going to need some runs in Boston.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 04:52 AM)
If there was ever a time for a divisional sweep outside of the Twins, this is the time. 2.5 games back, .5 back from the Tigers, with a sweep, they could either take 1st or be in 2nd.

I don't think they are capable of sweeping anybody anymore. They are what they are.

Well, while we're playing at Cleveland, the Royals are hosting the Tigers...

KC is 22-7 at home now after sweeping CLE.

At any rate, it's very hard to jump over 3 teams in one weekend. The most likely is that the Sox gain 1 game on the Tigers IMO and end up in third place by the end of Sunday.

And so far we've DFA'ed Danks, Latos and Rollins. KC just ate $15 million on Omar Infante. So we've wasted about $5 million more.

Edited by caulfield12

Last night i saw a commercial promoting the series against the Indians starting tomorrow, and the end of the commercial tagline was

"We've got Lawrie, They've got Lindor"

and i thought to myself "are you really gonna go with that?"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
Last night i saw a commercial promoting the series against the Indians starting tomorrow, and the end of the commercial tagline was

"WE HAVE CUTLER, THEY HAVE RODGERS"

What a f***ing promotion.

Nobody could pass up the opportunity to talk about how both teams have players that have last names that start with the same letter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
WHy is Morneau on the DL? ACL? I'm suspecting he'll be slower than Paulie.

Dude, do you even follow the sox or just spend half your day posting about how s***ty they are here?

Brooks Boyer did a great job for a while IMO, but it definitely seems like he has been running out of ideas recently.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
Brooks Boyer did a great job for a while IMO, but it definitely seems like he has been running out of ideas recently.

The actual commercials were always farmed out to Ad firms, don't know if that has changed recently or not, but I kind of doubt it.

Yeah I doubt Boyer has anything to do with this one.

Ads promoting individual games have always made some odd choices. "Melky Cabrera and the Sox look to put the brakes on Alcides Escobar and the Royals, tonight at 7 on CSN!" Okay... fine, if you insist. Yes, those are two players on those teams.