Blow It Up

Dunt

Nothing left to say. This team is getting f***ing EMBARRASSED by the division. EMBARRASSED. Trade off f***ing everyone not on a rookie contract and hope the next GM/president tandem can get their fists out of their asses. What a f***ing joke this has become. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so f***ing right man. This s*** is so f***ing embarrassing to watch. I'm f***ing ashamed to wear my f***ing Sox hat in public now because I know f***tard Cubs fans will f***ing f*** with me about it.

I don't get what's so f***ing hard about building a f***ing team the right f***ing way. I hate the f***ing Cubs, but they did that s*** the right f***ing way. The Sox need to f***ing get their f***ing s*** together and blow this s*** apart. They have so many f***ing assets that the f***ing rebuild wouldn't even take that f***ing long. But no, f***ing Jerry is too damn f***ing loyal to fire that f***tard Robin and his s***ty ass mother f***ing coaching staff.

I'm so f***ing tired of rooting for f***ing mediocre teams. The f***ing casual fans have already jumped over the f***ing ship, and even the f***ing diehards are f***ing tired of this garbage.

Honestly, it's probably time. I've tried convincing myself this team can compete, but the reality is there are far too many holes on this roster. Frazier, Cabrera, & Robertson should be moved before the deadline. If Lawrie has any value left, move him as well. Come this offseason, put Sale, Quintana, Abreu, & Eaton on the trade market and move the any and all of them as long as the offers are strong. I hate the idea of rebuilding, but I hate the idea of wasting the prime years of our key assets and ending up with nothing to show for them even more. This organization is in desperate need of a fresh start from top to bottom and hopefully we start seeing some changes soon.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
You're so f***ing right man. This s*** is so f***ing embarrassing to watch. I'm f***ing ashamed to wear my f***ing Sox hat in public now because I know f***tard Cubs fans will f***ing f*** with me about it.

I don't get what's so f***ing hard about building a f***ing team the right f***ing way. I hate the f***ing Cubs, but they did that s*** the right f***ing way. The Sox need to f***ing get their f***ing s*** together and blow this s*** apart. They have so many f***ing assets that the f***ing rebuild wouldn't even take that f***ing long. But no, f***ing Jerry is too damn f***ing loyal to fire that f***tard Robin and his s***ty ass mother f***ing coaching staff.

I'm so f***ing tired of rooting for f***ing mediocre teams. The f***ing casual fans have already jumped over the f***ing ship, and even the f***ing diehards are f***ing tired of this garbage.

I want to give you an award.

I wish somebody besides us fans would use the word "embarrassed." This team is so bad it truly is embarrassing. It's kind of an insult to fans to think they should spend their money on this crap. I mean you go to a game and there's a good chance the Sox will get five hits or less. If you are lucky they might somehow score a run or two. This is really truly embarrassing.

Here's me being stoopid

Chris Sale to Washington for Gialato, Turner, and Wilmer Difo

Quintana to Boston for Moncada and Beniniti

Abreu to Texas for Dillion Tate

Melky Cabrea to Seattle for Edwin Diaz

Todd Fraizer to the Mets for Dominic Smith and Marcos Molina

2016 and 2017 we tank which results in some more high draft pick years to further ad to the farm.

2019 looks like this:

1SP - Jose Fernandez ( FA ) / Rodon

2SP - Gialato / Rodon

3SP - Tate

4SP - Fulmer

5SP - Adams, Diaz, Burdi, or Molina ( some in pen )

SS - Anderson

CF - Beniniti

1B - Moncada

RF - Adam Jones ( FA )

DH - Collins

3B - Turner

LF - Eaton

C - Wilson Ramos ( FA )

2B - Difo

Bullpen:

Put one together, f***ers.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 02:29 AM)
Here's me being stoopid

2016 and 2017 we tank which results in some more high draft pick years to further ad to the farm.

2019 looks like this:

2SP - Gialato / Rodon

3SP - Tate

4SP - Fulmer

SS - Anderson

CF - Beniniti

1B - Moncada

RF - Adam Jones ( FA )

DH - Collins

3B - Turner

LF - Eaton

C - Wilson Ramos ( FA )

2B - Difo

Bullpen:

Yeah would definitely deal Robertson and probably Rodon too if he develops into an ace over that time (Boras client: would want a lot money; sell high).

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 02:29 AM)
Here's me being stoopid

2019 looks like this:

2SP - Gialato / Rodon

3SP - Tate

4SP - Fulmer

SS - Anderson

CF - Beniniti

1B - Moncada

RF - Adam Jones ( FA )

DH - Collins

3B - Turner

LF - Eaton

C - Wilson Ramos ( FA )

2B - Difo

Bullpen:

You.re dreaming, man. Sound asleep.

So because you think the Sox suck, the ideal thing to do is trade everyone away and because these players suck, teams will give you better players making less money, just because.

If your goal is to have them suck , they are there. I don't know why you differentiate being trying to win and not trying to win. A bad record puts you in the same place.

This isn't the Cubs who did most of their rebuild through some trades. You could trade Sale and Q and Rodon and Abreu and get some good prospects, but then what.? The Cubs spent half a billion on free agents.

And even in a rebuild you will be pissed off. It was quite clear the Sox were rebuilding the second half of 2013 and 2014. That didn't seem to stop people from b****ing about losing . I actually think some people are afraid of the Sox ever being good.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 06:56 AM)
So because you think the Sox suck, the ideal thing to do is trade everyone away and because these players suck, teams will give you better players making less money, just because.

If your goal is to have them suck , they are there. I don't know why you differentiate being trying to win and not trying to win. A bad record puts you in the same place.

This isn't the Cubs who did most of their rebuild through some trades. You could trade Sale and Q and Rodon and Abreu and get some good prospects, but then what.? The Cubs spent half a billion on free agents.

And even in a rebuild you will be pissed off. It was quite clear the Sox were rebuilding the second half of 2013 and 2014. That didn't seem to stop people from b****ing about losing . I actually think some people are afraid of the Sox ever being good.

The thing is, in 2013 they were actually put together to compete for the division. Don't you remember the amazing Keppinger signing and retaining Peavy? The problem was, they were bad and had a manager in over his head. It wasn't until the trade deadline in 2013 that they sold off assets to bring in a few prospects (Avi and Montas). Yeah they signed Abreu in early 2014 and made trades for Eaton and Davidson but were they truly rebuilding? Looking back on it, it was nothing but a roster shake up for a few younger guys. In 2014, fans did not b**** about losing as we knew the mission was to continue to add younger pieces. The problem was 2015-- instead of staying the course, rebuild the farm and continue to add younger guys-- they decided to go for it! They sacrificed 1st and 2nd round draft picks and we all know how 2015 went-- disaster! So let's look back on everything:

2012- Supposed to compete for the division and do until collapse in September

2013- Supposed to compete for division-- end up being horrible--sell off assets at deadline

2014- A growing year for the new guys- focus on draft

2015- Risk draft picks to sign free agents and go for it prematurely which consequently set the team back and they were a complete disappointment (The Fire Robin chants begin) Decide NOT to trade assets at deadline-- total misjudgment by Hahn/KW

2016- Go for it again-- trade a talented outfielder in Thompson and a few others for Frazier and attempt to catch lightning in a bottle with guys like Rollins and Latos and bringing in mediocre younger guys like Lawrie and Jackson to put bandaids on a team with numerous holes. It worked in April and some of May, but now it's blowing up in their faces. This team is not good. And now we have even less talent in the farm. Let's not forget all the DFA's and the Shields deal which has been a complete disaster.

Looking at the patterns of Hahn and KW, it's pretty disturbing seeing all the sidetracks they go on. To let's go for it, to adding young talent, to trading young talent to go for it again to not doing anything. The lack of a true direction is mind boggling. IMO they all need to go. Robin, Kenny and Hahn. They have failed to put together a team and system that can maintain sustainable success. The statement Hahn mentioned numerous times back in 2013 and '14 when the plan was to restock

the team and system with younger talented players.

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 07:43 AM)
The thing is, in 2013 they were actually put together to compete for the division. Don't you remember he amazing Keppinger signing and retaining Peavy? The problem was, they were bad and had a manager in over his head. It wasn't until the trade deadline in 2013 that they sold off assets to bring in a few prospects (Avi and Montas). Yeah they signed Abreu in early 2014 and made trades for Eaton and Davidson but were they truly rebuilding? Looking back on it, it was nothing but a roster shake up for a few younger guys. In 2014, fans did not b**** about losing as we knew the mission was to continue to add younger pieces. The problem was 2015-- instead of staying the course, rebuild the farm and continue to add younger guys-- they decided to go for it! They sacrificed 1st and 2nd round draft picks and we all know how 2015 went-- disaster! So let's look back on everything:

2013- Supposed to compete for division-- end up being horrible--sell off assets at deadline

2015- Risk draft picks to sign free agents and go for it prematurely which consequently set the team back and they were a complete disappointment (The Fire Robin chants begin) Decide NOT to trade assets at deadline-- total misjudgment by Hahn/KW

2016- Go for it again-- trade a talented outfielder in Thompson and a few others for Frazier and attempt to catch lightning in a bottle with guys like Rollins and Latos and being in mediocre younger guys like Lawrie and Jackson to put bandaids on a team with numerous holes. It worked in April and some of May, but now it's blowing up in their faces. This team is not good. And now we have even less talent in the farm. Let's not forget all the DFA's and the Shields deal which has been a complete disaster.

Looking at the patterns of Hahn and KW, it's pretty disturbing seeing all the sidetracks they go on. To let's go for it, to adding young talent, to trading young talent to go for it again to not doing anything. The lack of a true direction is mind boggling. IMO they all need to go. Robin, Kenny and Hahn. They have failed to let together a team and system that can maintain sustainable success. The statement Hahn mentioned numerous times back in 2013 and '14 when the plan was to restock

They also didn't have many good pieces to deal unlike now and didn't bring in that much good young talent. When we made the deals in the 2013 season, I don't know if anyone really got excited for what we brought back (other than Avi Garcia). The others kinda felt like depth pieces (Jacobs, Wendelken, couple guys we got for Crain).

Edit: besides Adam Eaton

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 07:43 AM)
The thing is, in 2013 they were actually put together to compete for the division. Don't you remember the amazing Keppinger signing and retaining Peavy? The problem was, they were bad and had a manager in over his head. It wasn't until the trade deadline in 2013 that they sold off assets to bring in a few prospects (Avi and Montas). Yeah they signed Abreu in early 2014 and made trades for Eaton and Davidson but were they truly rebuilding? Looking back on it, it was nothing but a roster shake up for a few younger guys. In 2014, fans did not b**** about losing as we knew the mission was to continue to add younger pieces. The problem was 2015-- instead of staying the course, rebuild the farm and continue to add younger guys-- tohey decided to go for it! They sacrificed 1st and 2nd round draft picks and we all know how 2015 went-- disaster! So let's look back on everything:

2016- Go for it again-- trade a talented outfielder in Thompson and a few others for Frazier and attempt to catch lightning in a bottle with guys like Rollins and Latos and bringing in mediocre younger guys like Lawrie and Jackson to put bandaids on a team with numerous holes. It worked in April and some of May, but now it's blowing up in their faces. This team is not good. And now we have even less talent in the farm. Let's not forget all the DFA's and the Shields deal which has been a complete disaster.

Looking at the patterns of Hahn and KW, it's pretty disturbing seeing all the sidetracks they go on. To let's go for it, to adding young talent, to trading young talent to go for it again to not doing anything. The lack of a true direction is mind boggling. IMO they all need to go. Robin, Kenny and Hahn. They have failed to put together a team and system that can maintain sustainable success. The statement Hahn mentioned numerous times back in 2013 and '14 when the plan was to restock

2012 was a surprise. They were not good in 2011 and brought back almost the same team minus Buehrle,I believe they set a record for rookie pitchers used, and faded down the stretch as guys like Sale ran out of gas, Pulie injuring his wrist,and Youkilis being banged up,

2013 thyey had hoped to build on it but it went south quickly. The Tyler Fowers era wasn't going as well as some predicted. They did exactly what you want them to do know, and blew it up. They goy Avi, who people were just as excited about then, as they are pissed off Trayce Thompson isn't here now.

2014 rebuilding year, didn't stop game threads from thinking they should be 145-17 at worst.

The bottom line is whether they say they are trying to win or not, how much does it really matter? Would the team be so much better set for the long haul with Thompson and Semien still aoumd? I don't think so.

White Sox fans are the only fans I know who think the team is doing them a favor if they don't try to win.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:11 AM)
2012 was a surprise. They were not good in 2011 and brought back almost the same team minus Buehrle,I believe they set a record for rookie pitchers used, and faded down the stretch as guys like Sale ran out of gas, Pulie injuring his wrist,and Youkilis being banged up,

2013 thyey had hoped to build on it but it went south quickly. The Tyler Fowers era wasn't going as well as some predicted. They did exactly what you want them to do know, and blew it up. They goy Avi, who people were just as excited about then, as they are pissed off Trayce Thompson isn't here now.

2014 rebuilding year, didn't stop game threads from thinking they should be 145-17 at worst.

The bottom line is whether they say they are trying to win or not, how much does it really matter? Would the team be so much better set for the long haul with Thompson and Semien still aoumd? I don't think so.

White Sox fans are the only fans I know who think the team is doing them a favor if they don't try to win.

The whole "trying to win" is going smoothly. Although I do think: "wtf might as well go for it" right now. I give trying to compete up through June of next year. At that point, restock the farm and deal anyone who will give you an infusion of young talent. But before that, I want coaching staff and front office gutted.

Edited by soxfan2014

Well, one thing's for sure, that team would be significantly cheaper and the younger core would be under control for a longer window and have the flexibility built in to make more additions.

With Shields now onboard, and money already spent on Turner, Latos, Rollins and Danks more or less wasted, you're talking about a total waste of 1/4th of payroll.

If your payroll is $120 million and 25%/$30 million is completely dead weight or literally not on the roster, and you just narrowly avoided another huge hit with LaRoche, who you didn't even want to come back in the first place, there's something seriously wrong in the evaluation process.

No AL Central team other than the Tigers has the number of "bad contracts" the White Sox have piled up over the Hahn years. And the Tigers have the luxury of spending their way out of it. The Indians and Royals have much better prepared prospects and minor league systems to fill in the gaps when their regulars go down. We have a bunch of bargains from the latest dumpster dive, so the results of such a method of talent procurement shouldn't be particularly surprising to anyone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:11 AM)

Its not about simply losing Thompson. It's losing those draft picks in 2015, it's the lack of direction. Or should I say, maintaining a course for direction. They get on and off and completely misjudge talent and overall needs for the organization. Can you be honest with yourself and say KW and Hahn's tenure from 2012 and on have been a success? If they go for it-- it's half a$$, if they rebuild or should I say 'retool' it's bringing in mediocre guys or players who are just slightly above average players. White Sox fans don't want to 'lose' for the sake of losing. However, if it's apart of a TRUE rebuilding plan, Heck we would embrace it. Why? Because it means they actually have a course for a true direction. No more muddling along in mediocrity land.

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:20 AM)
Well, one thing's for sure, that team would be significantly cheaper and the younger core would be under control for a longer window and have the flexibility built in to make more additions.

With Shields now onboard, and money already spent on Turner, Latos, Rollins and Danks more or less wasted, you're talking about a total waste of 1/4th of payroll.

If your payroll is $120 million and 25%/$30 million is completely dead weight or literally not on the roster, and you just narrowly avoided another huge hit with LaRoche, who you didn't even want to come back in the first place, there's something seriously wrong in the evaluation process.

No AL Central team other than the Tigers has the number of "bad contracts" the White Sox have piled up over the Hahn years. And the Tigers have the luxury of spending their way out of it. The Indians and Royals have much better prepared prospects and minor league systems to fill in the gaps when their regulars go down. We have a bunch of bargains from the latest dumpster dive, so the results of such a method of talent procurement shouldn't be particularly surprising to anyone.

The Indians are paying Swisher and Bourne. The Royals have about $40 million tied up into players that are doing anything. When you come up with these percentages and silly conclusions, do you even think about what you are writing? There isn't a team around that isn't going to sign someone to a bad contract. If there was, they would be a team of guys making minimum and winning minimum apparently many on Soxtalk dream.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 06:56 AM)

Ya, I think the fanbase is much more worried about never being good again than being good

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
Its not about simply losing Thompson. It's losing those draft picks in 2015, it's the lack of direction. Or should I say, maintaining a course for direction. They get on and off and completely misjudge talent and overall needs for the organization. Can you be honest with yourself and say KW and Hahn's tenure from 2012 and on have been a success? If they go for it-- it's half a$$, if they rebuild or should I say 'retool' it's bringing in mediocre guys or players who are just slightly above average players. White Sox fans don't want to 'lose' for the sake of losing. However, if it's apart of a TRUE rebuilding plan, Heck we would embrace it. Why? Because it means they actually have a course for a true direction. No more muddling along in mediocrity land.

I think Robertson and Melky are better than a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Every draft we all get excited about 20 guys the team selects. If 2 of them actually pan out to contributing pieces, you are doing alright.

They had it sufficiently blown up 3 years ago, then Hahn doubled the core from 2 to 4; but with a core of 4, Hahn starting trading for rents and other veterans that had reached their peak, as the Sox are want to do.

Rebuilding is an art, and Hahn doesn't have it. I'd like to see the scouting reports that excused-away a)Frazier's dismal 2nd half last year and b)Shields' last few starts before acquiring him.

And the Sox field staff has little interest or patience for development. Cooper only wants "his guys". Ventura won't platoon, he won't move players around.

What needs to be blown up is the management.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:45 AM)
They had it sufficiently blown up 3 years ago, then Hahn doubled the core from 2 to 4; but with a core of 4, Hahn starting trading for rents and other veterans that had reached their peak, as the Sox are want to do.

Rebuilding is an art, and Hahn doesn't have it. I'd like to see the scouting reports that excused-away a)Frazier's dismal 2nd half last year and b)Shields' last few starts before acquiring him.

And the Sox field staff has little interest or patience for development. Cooper only wants "his guys". Ventura won't platoon, he won't move players around.

What needs to be blown up is the management.

I'm ok getting rid of all the coaches including Cooper (except Herm Schneider. Seems to be the only one doing his job really well). Literally every team turns around a dud's career every now and then and the durability of Sale and Quintana could be because of Herm Schneider as well.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:36 AM)
I believe the demand here is to put an even crappier product on the field at the cell for a couple seasons as long as they are winning down on the farm? Let's talk reality.

There isn't patience with that. Anyone doing well in the minors needs to be promoted immediately. If the major league team sucks there always are a few players deemed to serve no purpose.

They have too many good pieces to blow it up.